Carbs

Options
So I want to start counting my carbs but I'm not sure how many I'm supposed to have. Does anybody know how Many your allowed if you're tryna lose weight?

Replies

• Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I eat under 200 a day mfp says I can have 300 but i am a diabetic.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    truth is that a personal thing everyone built differnt some people have more muscle ect, you have to keep tweaking till you find yours i would start with 20 and keep moving up slowly till you find your magic number.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    MFP database will sort your calories, protein, carbs, sodium, fat, etc. according with the information and goals that you provided when checking in. You can also do it manually, but the datbase does not recommend that.

Go to settings and modify your food diary to show what you want to track.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    The minimum recommendation for adequate fuel for the brain is 130 grams per day. Personally, with my certifications and other nutrition training, I've learned that low carb isn't ideal, especially for my body, but each person is different. You will find a lot of recommendations on here for various low carb lifestyles. Just be careful with them and add carbs back in if you find that your body doesn't respond well to a low carb lifestyle. Even for my diabetic clients, I don't recommend below 130 grams per day, though. I don't recommend more then that either for my diabetic clients. ;)
  • spaniel
    spaniel Posts: 468
    Options
    Tonya - sounds like you really know what you are talking about!!! I have tried low carb and find myself really tired and sometimes shaky.

Have a great day :smile:
  • MissScorpio81
    MissScorpio81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Personally I try to just stay away from bad and empty carbs. The less refined, the better. No white potatoes, white bread, or white rice as those are "trigger foods" for me. When I tried to give up carbs entirely, I was super crabby and felt like I would faint all the time. And it didn't feel healthy.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i know low carb regradless how people feel about works i'm down 175 pounds as of today i eat carbs now it was like i had to reset my body to burn things right. as i agree with the post above white carb manprocess stuff is what really bad for you but veggies and the sort are good carbs for you it how they ate in bible days them people live to be over 100. i only eat seafood as well and im in the best shape of my life. so i think low carb works even if it short term.