New to this, what do i need to know?

Options
Hi.

I signed up with MFP as a motivational tool to help me shed my last few lbs. I think i am going to be quite shocked at how oblivious i am to how many calories are in food! In the past i've just cut out snacks and lost weight but as the years have crept up on me this no longer works. For a couple of months now i've tried to cut down but haven't lost any weight and so i think, make that hope, being on here will make me see how much food i am actually shovelling in my mouth!

I've read on other posts that you can add friends and have an active wall... what is all that about? I'm about to go off and find out but if you can give me some tips in the mean time, please fire away.

:smile:

Replies

• skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I recommend buying a food scale. Weigh everything before putting it in your mouth. Measure liquids and try to accurately log foods that you eat when you are eating out.

You can add friends by clicking on their username (under their picture) and friend requesting them.

An active wall is when your friends post things, such as daily comments, weight loss, exercise, etc. Have fun!