Trouble Sleeping?

daryls
daryls Posts: 260
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been having trouble sleeping at night for the last few weeks. I believe there are possibly two (or more) culprits. 1.) My tummy is growling 2.) I have to get up to use the bathroom.

I eat pretty close (+/-) to my recommended calories and I drink 8 glasses of water per day. My exercise is a pretty routine 3-4 times a week, between 30 to 60 minutes each time (both exercise classes and independent workouts).

Is anyone else encountering these nighttime challenges??

Replies

• when do you eat and drink last before going to bed?
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    I work late - so most of the time I am eating dinner around 8 or 9pm. I drink around 1-2 glasses of water and eat a meal (approx. 400 calories) and then off to bed around 10 or 11pm.

Thanks!
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    try eating more fiber through out the day and or drink a fiber supplement before bed. fiber will expand in your stomach and produce a full feeling (this is how full bar can work)
  • Hi I noticed that too in the past almost 2 weeks that it seems I have more energy or I just can't fall asleep..But then I don't want to get up in the morning. I think its because dinner leaves me full but not that full belly tired. You know the one i am talking about, the thanksgiving ate to much now i just wanna sleep full. Well seing as I am reducing the intake amount it seems to leave me with a desire to do more. What I have found that helps me is a warm shower or bath, and a book for an hour or two. This way I calm down and can relax. Actually Yahoo, just had an article about sleep myths and such on there today. You might need to try to eat an hour earlier than you do so you don't get up to pee as much you can kinda pee before bed, that might help too.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I work late - so most of the time I am eating dinner around 8 or 9pm. I drink around 1-2 glasses of water and eat a meal (approx. 400 calories) and then off to bed around 10 or 11pm.

Thanks!

And your stomach is growling that soon after eating?? Are you eating heavy on the carbs?

I find milk makes me sleep. So perhaps a glass of milk before bed?

good luck :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.