inside there is a skinny girl dying to get out!

Options
self confidence.. plain and simple..

and diets suck!

I don't understand nor appreciate the fact that gaining weight is so easy.. and losing it is seemingly impossible. Its wonderful that i have lost 33 lbs to date.. but i am sill overweight and very uncomfortable in my own skin.. i want the confident, strong sexy girl to come back so i can start living life without constantly worrying about how my pants fit and if i have a "muffin top"

i don't want to be disgusted when i look at myself in the mirror no one should ever feel that way!

Replies

• Lulu2929
    Options
    I hear you. I too am sick of obsessing about my fatness, muffin top, etc. But when I am taking care of myself - I eat well, exercise and to the things that I should do to feel good. Those days I wonder why I ever pig out, eat junk etc. All you can do is take one day at a time and try to be good to yourself for that day and don't think of the future. Yeah diets do suck but It is what it is. If we want that skinny girl to emerge we can't keep feeding the fat one.
  • losergirl78
    Options
    33 pounds is AMAZING!!! Just keep it up and everything else will fall into place, be proud of yourself and soon there will be no more muffin top to worry about!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Ugh. It's definitely a struggle every day, with lots of peaks and valleys.... Some days you have successes (on and off the scales) and you feel great about your accomplishments and what you now know you are capable of. And other days - not so much! This is especially true when you've always been overweight and you don't know any different. For the first time in my life I am *not* overweight and I still have days when I feel very self-conscious, unhappy with my body, and just generally miserable about how I look. Thankfully, it's not everyday, and those days are getting fewer and farther between.

Weight loss is 90% mental. On days like that, you most need to have a support network to remind you of all your accomplishments and that's the great thing about MFP!! Keep up the good work -- Tomorrow is a new day, and who knows maybe you'll be feeling 100% different when you wake up tomorrow morning!

Good luck on your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • browneyes83
    Options
    Oh my gosh!! I so feel the same. I have never been thinner than 135 in my adult life and even though I felt great, I wasn't fit...skinny flab....HOT! Haha...then over the last year and a half I've gained about 40 pounds. I was looking at pictures of myself from last year, and i almost started to cry. So I've made a decision that in life there are sacrifices to be made. Either we eat whatever we want, whenever we want and look, well, awful or we sacrifice by eating well and less, activity, and self discipline and motivation and look and feel great. I'm not saying that I"ll never have another piece of yummy pizza again, but it won't be a staple in my diet and life...Keep going strong because it seems you are doing well and remember that we can only do what we can do today...tomorrow will bring its own issues...:)