Another attempt at a new me!

Options
Hi all, as the title say's I'm here at the beginning of my weight loss journey again! Wow the million dollar question, why isn't it as easy to lose weight as it is to gain it? Food really does mess with your emotions, I'm an emotional eater, I eat out of anger, happiness, boredom etc etc & I know that in the long run the only emotions I'll feel are disappointment & self loathing! I've had a little look around this app & read some really positive reviews so I'm hoping that with a lot of honesty on my part and support from everyone on here it might just make all the difference for me. Thank you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• paperraven11
    paperraven11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too and an emotional eater... and a bored eater. I completely understand the disappointment & self loathing. It's hard going through the day avoiding mirrors and pretty much hating the body you see when you do finally look. The hardest part for me is folding laundry and seeing just how big my jeans are.

I also know the false starts! I've lost count. ^ - ^

Also... I HATE sweating.
  • OccamsDisposableRazor
    Options
    Wow, your post sounds like a page out of my book. I'm also an emotional eater... currently shoving baby carrots in my face because I'm stressed and because I know that when I'm stressed and if my hands and mouth are idle, then junk food inevitably gets shoved in. I know I'm an emotional eater, so identifying and dealing with my primary triggers is a big focus of mine. (Hello, stress and boredom!)
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    Go ahead and add me to the emotional eater list. My problem has always been trying to maintain the weight that I do manage to lose because as you said gaining the weight is much easier than losing it in the first place. Feel free to add me! I am looking for people on the same track to help keep me motivated and so that I can help motivate them!
  • CleverClone
    CleverClone Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Another emotional eater here; I do especially bad when I am stressed or bored. And as I am currently revising for exams, which is both stressful and boring, I am trying to avoid catastrophe..! :indifferent: Could definitely use people who know what it's like on my friend list!
  • JasmineOravec
    JasmineOravec Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and just like everyone has said, I am an emotional eater. I've been on mpf for a little over a year but have been struggling lately with eating too much and in turn, a real lack of energy. I also just got married so it's been a cake and rich food fest for a few weeks.

I have some great friends and always like to have newbies every once in awhile for different diet ideas, motivation, and positive energy. I'm here everyday and love to support great people. Wishing you all the best of luck and feel free to send a friend request. You can do this! :)
    ~Jasmine
  • lwynd002
    lwynd002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I definitely understand what you mean by emotional eater--I am definitely that (I also struggle with binge eating). In the past I tried to gain control of it by myself and managed to, but then everything went downward. I think motivation and support is very important with a new lifestyle change. I will add you!
  • txblueangel2013
    txblueangel2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow Willcock25, that was an honest and powerful message. After reading it, I know we can all understand.
    I just joined today and hope it can guide me to a better place. I know it is up to me and I will be the strong one.
    I have done it before and can do it again. Just this time I need support and honesty.
    thx for being so upfront.
    It even helps me.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from.

I'm glad you've came to MFP :) Best of luck, and welcome!
  • danyellegbaker
    danyellegbaker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Completely understand ..Good luck!
  • Willcock25
    Willcock25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! Blown away with all the replies, thank you, everyone, it means such a great deal to know there are people in the same boat and struggling with the same demons. All we can do is keep trying to work out our issues with food and shout for help & support when it's needed.

Couldn't have wished for a more supportive response :heart:
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hey good luck to you and everyone..this is a great place to get accountability and share the struggle..

Anyone can add, always happy to support.