setting a goal

Options
I joined 4 days ago and tracking my food I noticed a problem area already. C>O>F>F>E>E! :drinker: I am a dunkin donuts junkie but those large hazelnut coffees with cream and sugar (stirred please) are such an addiction my banks identity theft protection department called me because of the excessive charges :blushing: (in my defense my husband is also an addict..lol) So I am setting a goal this week to make my own coffee at home using fat free creamer and truvia sugar substitue ( which tastes awful :embarassed: ) for the next week. Now I say it tastes awful, but I am a sugar addict and I may need an adjustment period. I am willing to try anything once. I will be saving 230 calories per cup of coffee I drink it twice a day so that is 460 x's 7 days a week (let me get the calculator for this one :explode: ) WOW it is 3320 calories! If i make it I am buying myself a small twist ice cream as a treat! :bigsmile: Whew here I go!

Replies

• strongerthanb4
    Options
    just making that change alone, you will be off to a GREAT start! 3500 calories is a pound, so you will almost be there with just giving up the 3thousand plus calories you just mentioned, that's awesome! good luck and have a good week!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    3320 in one week is nearly a pound! you could lose nearly a pound a week JUST by cutting out the DD coffee - Thinking of it that way must make it a little easier, right? hehe

Great job though. I'm a coffee ADDICT - at least 3 or 4 cups a day, plus the occasional soy latte at night. I drink my coffee with vanilla flavoured soy milk (enriched) and sweetner and I find it tastes just great. If you are dying for a sugar fix you can always check out the Torani sugar free syrups that are available at most cafes... They aren't the best tasting (not the real deal, so to speak) but it's something!

Good luck on your week :) I hope it goes smashingly!
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    If you hate the way Truvia tastes, try a different artificial sweetener or simply reduce the amount of sugar you take in your coffee gradually. Way to go on recognizing and changing an unhealthy habit!
  • jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Mix sweet n low and splenda equally. Thats the closest thing to the real sugar taste I've found.