Easter Apocalypse

Anyone else had a shocking Easter?

Not chocolate but much wine and BBQ and partys and dinners with friends and family which were all fabulous, celebrating Easter and birthdays and togetherness.

But much eating and drinking occurred and I dare not get back on those scales.

Also have caught a screaming cold which arrived on sunday and feel like I've been dug up and like some kinda chest burster alien scenario is about occur with my face...just ate a pasta salad and lots of crisps and already gone over my allowance for today!!! I wasn't even hungry, just want comforting as feel so ill!! And exercise isn't likely since can't breathe properly and just want my bed!

Someone throw me a rope so I can climb back on the wagon?

Replies

• Or hang myself...if I was an animal I'd be euthanized...
  • as124
    as124 Posts: 27
    A few days of being at maintenance (or a little over) won't kill all your progress. Two Easter dinners really did me in, and yesterday morning I felt like I was going to die I was so tired and achy. I rested, well I went to the gym but just to do some upper body stuff, but I took it easy. Stick to lots of fluids, just try going for walks until you feel your illness has passed. This is just a lapse in your diet, if you're sick, listen to your body. If you're feeling hungry, feed it (but try to do it healthily).
  • I shall be better prepared tomorrow, just in case!

Only went to the shop to buy cat food and some bits to make chicken soup. Didn't really want the other stuff but got them anyway! Not feeling hungry but feel like I should eat. Then just mindlessly nommed through loads.

Not getting good rest due to shivers and night sweats all night and now at work (luckily its nearly hometime) I have an rational fear of being off work sick.
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Take a look at my diary for Sunday. Feel better about your little bit of overeating?? *hugs*

If you are sick just take it easy and set your goal to maintain and eat at maintenance until you feel better. This is a lifestyle change and not a race so you can spend a few days healing and then jump back on the wagon when you are feeling better :)
  • tautailgate
    tautailgate Posts: 26 Member
    Plus, just try to keep in mind that there will always be a day here or there that you will go over and your goals will fall to the wayside. The important thing is to get back on track, and that you do not hold onto any guilt or bad feelings. You need to focus on moving forward and how you can get back to your goals.

If you aren't feeling well enough to carry through on some exercises, you can focus on some extra healthy eating for a few days, if that will help you feel more comfortable that you are not getting any physical activity in during those days. Another idea is that you could try walking, nice and slow. It might not be any kind of intense calorie burning, but some activity is better than none, in my opinion.
  • The really sad thing is although I was comfort eating, I wasn't actually comforted!

Well, maybe a tiny bit by the crisps as they were chilli flavour and helped with my sinuses a teeny bit!

Am going for a boiling hot bath with loads of steam and maybe some chicken soup if I'm hungry. And will prep some good, healthy, vitamin full snacks for tomorrows work day for in case I get hungry. Rather than just buying bad stuff. Was only a small pot of pasta salad but was lots of calories! And i just shouldn't buy savoury snacks. And i know it!! :D

Thank you for the support everyone. I seem to be having a spate of things interfering with my progress recently. Lack of sleep, back and neck problems, extremely busy and stressful work days, germs!!! I'm like "can these things all pack it in so i can get back into my routine!!"
    Xx
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    I was the dirtiest eater who ever dirtied on Easter. I had some vegetables for "dinner" and then had three pieces of carrot cake. I was under my calorie goal for the day so I declare the day a win.

I only have carrot cake once or twice a year so I went for it.

Now I'm sitting here having my healthy salad and it's all good.
  • Roz2889
    Roz2889 Posts: 71 Member
    Take a look at my diary for Sunday. Feel better about your little bit of overeating?? *hugs*

If you are sick just take it easy and set your goal to maintain and eat at maintenance until you feel better. This is a lifestyle change and not a race so you can spend a few days healing and then jump back on the wagon when you are feeling better :)

Is that diary entry genuine? How did you find the time to eat that all in one day?! Impressive!