Protein Powder-Where to buy in Paris?

Options
Does anyone have experience as to where I can buy protein powder when I travel to France?

I have only a carry-on bag so taking a powdered substance is a no go here.
Last year I just did my best to load up by eating additional foods with protein, but that was
more challenging than having my usual protein mixed with water.

Replies

• emeraldeyes_bc
    emeraldeyes_bc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure the *where* but I know Cellucor just launched over there recently. I could ask the rep if you can't find it.
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just returned from a business trip there!!!

I didn't really notice any specific place that stood out like vitamin shops or health food stores like here in the states. However I didn't go out of my way to look or search for them either. There is groecery stores in their malls so you can find high protein foods there.

I just enjoyed their nutella crepes :) You'll notice nutella over there is like our peanut butter in the states.
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    brizzeem: Yes, they live off Nutella all thru Europe!

emeraldeyes_b: I really want to get the powder. If you can find out about Cellucor, that’d be awesome.

Meanwhile, I’ll google it now.

thanks guys!
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    Options
    I'm sorry, I was wrong :( she said they are in the process of trying to set up distribution in Paris, but so far no go.
    However, She did say she is currently setting up international website, as soon as it's up you'll be able to get hooked up lol not sure that that will help much though :/
    I could ask a few other brands
  • 04hoopsgal73
    Options
    I appreciate you checking it out.

Future TRAVEL notes: I found 2 brands for sale in France that some European MFPs use there.
    They are My Protein, and Prinova.
    1) http://www.myprotein.com
    myprotein.com/france/

2) http://www.prinovaeurope.com/Products/Proteins/Hydrolyzed-Beef-Protein-97.aspx
    Prinova is expanding their product line and have a center in Sweden now for European distribution.
    They have snack bars, tablets and this beef protein powder.

Now, I have to locate a retailer in Paris as most people order their protein powder on-line over there.
  • 04hoopsgal73
    Options
    The TSA website says we can now bring packaged powder packets. So I’ll buy a few single packets of
    some new brands I’ve yet to try. This way if they are removed at security I will not have my money go in the trash.

I’ll let you know how this travel experience goes and what I find in France. :wink:
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    Options
    Can you get sample packs?? How long are you going for? We have boxes and boxes of sample packs, I'm sure if you went into one of your local stores and asked they could help you out?
    not sure what the rules are for bringing those on?
  • 04hoopsgal73
    Options
    Ok I'm late getting back here. I bought several GNC packaged powdered drinks. I didn't like the taste. I didn't have my shaker due to space limitations so first one was difficult to mix.
    The second one I added to some yogurt I bought and the 3rd one came back home with me. NOW, the buzz is they may disallowed again due to the heightened global security alerts. I'll try to stay on top of this.

I didn't make it to the retailer in Paris but with health and nutrition become vip for everyone, I expect to see more easier access to products outside the U.S. Of course the cost will be higher than in U.S. Overall, I find it challenging to have enough protein unless I have access to eggs and yogurt at the morning breakfast. Portions are very small so you need to order 2 chicken or 2 fish to double up to get your intake.
  • maverick4x4
    maverick4x4 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in Paris right now and having a hard time finding protein powder anywhere. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.
  • maverick4x4
    Options
    Bump
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    @maverick4x4

Bonjour! Comment allez vous?

I often see “toutela nutrition” stores around. There are at least 3 in the city that I know of. Which arrondissement are you in?

Hope you are having a lovely time! Did you just move or visiting?

• maverick4x4
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    @maverick4x4

Bonjour! Comment allez vous?

I often see “toutela nutrition” stores around. There are at least 3 in the city that I know of. Which arrondissement are you in?

Hope you are having a lovely time! Did you just move or visiting?

Bonjour! We are visiting my Son, he is doing study abroad. We are in the 14th. I found everything I was looking for at Fitness Boutique. There are 70 stores throughout France and several in Paris and one about a mile from my apartment.3ag5umtelatt.jpg
  • Jerziiiii
    Jerziiiii Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Arbonne:
    Vegan. Gluten free. Non GMO. Follows European standards. Chocolate or vanilla. I have a link if you need it.
  • 04hoopsgal73
    Options
    Thanks, I noted them for future travel.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I live in Rome, Italy and we buy on line.
  • 04hoopsgal73
    Options
    Yes If I lived in Europe I would, too. But when I travel from USA to outside country locating protein powder for my shakes is never easy. The only way to travel with it would be to pack a 2 pd container and I can’t give up that kinda space in my carry-on luggage.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    See if you can find a branch of Decathlon. It’s a massive (originally French, now all over Europe) sports chain that caters for every sport known to man. They have a nutrition section in store. They also have a big on-line presence.
    The possible down-side is that in clothing etc, they tend to have their own brands (never really looked at the supplements, but I know they carry them.
  • 04hoopsgal73
    Options
    Thanks noted for next travel