What the body does when you lose weight. Interesting...

Options
I'm still losing weight as planned but have noticed several things. I know I'm not special in the way that this only happens to me but was curious what others have noticed in themselves.

1. My laugh has changed. I can no longer belly laugh as I get side stitches and lose my breath from doing it. I now chuckle and my family has noticed and has been teasing me about it in a fun way.

2. I am learning to shave all over again. After scalping my adams apple and a nasty scratch down the side of my neck I have had to re-learn how to shave so I don't cut myself.

3. I have VEINS!

4. People say my arms are big although I have lost fat/size from my weight loss! LOL

5. I bruise more easily now.

6. My hips hurt if I rest my arms on them like I used to.

7. I get a lot of looks and flirts.

8. I have a rib cage and ribs!!!

9. I can now eat things I could not before that would cause me stomach.... issues.....

10. Instead of passing a friendly whiff (trying to make it sound positive) my stomach makes all kinds of noises and people think I'm starving LOL.

11. Where I have body hair growing it looks much more fuller/thicker.

12. Had to have my glasses adjusted cause my face has shrunk.

13. For the FIRST TIME EVER I actually thought about removing my shirt when I go outside! Although I don't care what others think I have never thought about this in the past. It dawned on me when I went out this past week that this is the first time I have even considered it.

14. I feel happier, more confident, and looking forward to my new exercise routine since I hurts so much less now since I am doing things correctly. Have done many exercises wrong in the past and they can cause you to ache a lot.

15. I can do 15+ proper pull ups taking my time now compaired to 1 where I was at just 3 months ago.

16. People think I'm in my mid 20's although I am pushing 40!

17. I never knew I had a muscle there. Dang it hurts when I finally decided to use it LOL!

18. My views have changed on fit people from How do they get like that? Are they starving themselves to look like that? To one of I gotta eat how much now? OMG that's more than I really want.

19. A smart phone is actually useful in the respect that it can keep track of your exercise.

20. OMG although I spend more on food (it seams) I actually saved that much from not eating out!!!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Nice!! Congrats :)
  • dettles
    dettles Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love number #17! :smile:
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    My top 3.

1. I'm always cold now. I have less blubber to warm my bones.
    2. Laying on my side on the floor, hurts my now protruding hip bones.
    3. My collar bones are so deep, I could sit some snacks in there while watching a movie.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Great post! I've noticed quite a few of those items myself - it's fun rediscovering lost parts of your anatomy! :smile:
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Sir. You and I sound a lot alike. I'm going to send you a FR
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Yup, totally had to adjust the way I shave my legs without so much fat over my shin bone.

Also....sitting on a hard surface was much comfortable when I had a bigger tush :laugh:
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    - I have to check my clothes for size every couple of weeks - nearly had my jeans round my ankles during school pick-up a few weeks ago, and my underwear is getting loose (yeah, I know there are jokes in there..)
    - I feel boney
    - I had to tell husband to not hug me so tight because it hurt my chest (he made it better though..)
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Yup, totally had to adjust the way I shave my legs without so much fat over my shin bone.

Also....sitting on a hard surface was much comfortable when I had a bigger tush :laugh:

Holy crap, yes!! Really hurts.
  • leahking6
    leahking6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know there has to be a reason for it, and I could probably Google it. Why do we bruise easier when we loose weight? I just noticed that the other day. I used to feel soreness on my skin where a bruise should be but never saw it. Now...I have them pop up everywhere!
  • trekkie_bbs
    trekkie_bbs Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My top 3.

1. I'm always cold now. I have less blubber to warm my bones.
    2. Laying on my side on the floor, hurts my now protruding hip bones.
    3. My collar bones are so deep, I could sit some snacks in there while watching a movie.

OMG! I forgot about the collar bone! I use it to hold the dang phone now instead of it sliding down my chest. Hmmm... Snacks.... I wonder how many calories of popcorn it can hold. I may have to test this out. :wink:

I actually used to be cold all the time. But when I exercise I stay warm all day so I found that exercising has actually helped me stay warm. :laugh: Hmmm. Seriously thinking this may have been a motivation to continue even though the pain was at times overwhelming especially when I found a new muscle I didn't know I had. Amazing how many things you discover you do that you didn't really think about.
    I know there has to be a reason for it, and I could probably Google it. Why do we bruise easier when we loose weight? I just noticed that the other day. I used to feel soreness on my skin where a bruise should be but never saw it. Now...I have them pop up everywhere!

This is an article I found.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/406414-why-do-i-bruise-while-losing-weight/

For me I am taking a lot of vitamins making sure not to double up on any 1 so for me I think it's thinning skin.
    Congrats, Sir. You and I sound a lot alike. I'm going to send you a FR

Accepted.