Am I eating too little?

Options
I am 20 days into using myfitnesspal and my first two weeks was showing pretty good results at around 2-4 pounds a week lost. I am consistently leaving about 500-1000 less per day even though I am on the lose two pounds per week method. I work out doing a weight loss routine 2-3 times a week with a iphone app iFitness and am doing cardio classes 2-3 times as well only resting 1 or 2 days max a week. This week I have only had one day that I went over my calorie intake (because of drinking) and have gained eabout 2 pounds this week. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Just wanting to stay motivated to keep this going.

Thanks,
Ricky

Replies

• danboy66
    Options
    well you might want to go back and look at your daily reports. you should see some comments made by the website when you are too far below your recommended caloric intake. it once told the following back when i was in my first week or so.

"*Based on your total calories consumed for today, you are eating too few calories. Not only is it difficult to receive adequate nutrition at these calorie levels, but you could also be putting your body into starvation mode. Starvation mode lowers your metabolism and makes weight loss more difficult. We suggest increasing your calorie consumption to 1,200 calories per day minimum."
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    You might, also, want to make your diary public so people can look and offer suggestions.
  • sgssmile
    Options
    Also keep in mind that the first 5-10 pounds come off easier than the following. Don't expect to lose every week or you will get very disappointed. Stay focused and log in every day and it will work :glasses:
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    And don't forget to measure yourself- the scale may go up and down (muscle, water retension, time of day, ect.) but the tape measure will show consistant progress ( I check every 2 weeks):wink: