Struggling

Options
I feel a bit sad today. When I first joined mfp in 2012 I got a bit addicted, I lost almost 3 stone and I felt great but I did this on 1200, there's so many things I've learnt since then. I got into a relationship about a year ago and I started putting on weight, mainly because I started eating normally and not depriving, but I also stopped working out. Long story short, I'm trying to start again but I'm struggling, I'm as honest as possible in my diary but I just feel so depressed, I'm putting on weight still or mantaining I'm not really losing and yesterday, I heard my partners mother on the phone to her friend laughing at my body, saying negative things, I just felt so devastated was just humiliating. I feel embarassed to see friends because I know they were so proud when I lost weight and I feel I've gained most of it back, I'm just struggling to feel positive about anything.. One of those days!!

Replies

• ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I think most of us experience it, maybe it's not a weight issue, but something else we struggle with and hope to have the right discipline but fall anyway. And too often folks say things about us that just hurt, so here is my approach to those say hateful things about me:

What's others think of you is none of your business.

Hope your day gets better
  • MissCassieHughes
    MissCassieHughes Posts: 53 Member
    Options

What's others think of you is none of your business
    Yes! True! I was indulging!!
  • cholepapi
    cholepapi Posts: 79
    Options
    Hmm what his mother said about you has nothing, I mean nothing to do with you. She feels insecure about herself or insecure about loosing her son to you. I don't know but it's definitely something. For staying motivated, I'd suggest you find things that drive you to want it....I use motivational music and video from youtube, I also do a lot of positive self talk....and for those negative comments I use that to workout hard so then I get the last laugh...>:[] grrrr
  • stephx8
    stephx8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You've done it before and you can definitely do it again! You've proved that to yourself. Nothing worth having comes easy and you have more than enough willpower to lose the weight.
    Don't listen to other people when making these sorts of decisions though, it has to be your choice completely.
    I find that people put others down because they feel bad about things in their life so ignore what they said.
    I'm sure there are many people in your life who know you are a beautiful person inside and out regardless of your weight.
    I hope you feel better.
  • MissCassieHughes
    Options
    Hmm what his mother said about you has nothing, I mean nothing to do with you. She feels insecure about herself or insecure about loosing her son to you. I don't know but it's definitely something. For staying motivated, I'd suggest you find things that drive you to want it....I use motivational music and video from youtube, I also do a lot of positive self talk....and for those negative comments I use that to workout hard so then I get the last laugh...>:[] grrrr

Lol I feel like the 'Grrr' reaffirms the passion!! I genuinely appreciate it!!
  • MissCassieHughes
    Options
    You've done it before and you can definitely do it again! You've proved that to yourself. Nothing worth having comes easy and you have more than enough willpower to lose the weight.
    Don't listen to other people when making these sorts of decisions though, it has to be your choice completely.
    I find that people put others down because they feel bad about things in their life so ignore what they said.
    I'm sure there are many people in your life who know you are a beautiful person inside and out regardless of your weight.
    I hope you feel better.

Agreed! I just got distracted by the noise of the world a bit but I agree... That was very sweet xx