Just starting off...

Options
Joined the site tonight. Hoping that tomorrow is the start of something really positive and life changing. Looking for any support and/or guidance - esp. with the functionality of the site. Please send me your most useful tip on navigating the site or something that you think makes this site better than any other site/app out there. Thanks so much in advance!

Replies

• EightFourOseVen
    Options
    I'm just starting off also hoping the same! Good luck =)
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    WHen watching your nutrients, sugar counts all your natural sugar also. Any fresh fruit or vegetable you can subtract the sugar from the total. Also, keep your sodium under the alloted amount. I was also told if you go over on Fibers and Protein that that is good. And make sure when you exercise that you also eat the calories for the exercising. That keeps your metabolism going and keeps the body from starving and hording fat. Hope this helps. I was very impressed with this information when I started. Also, add lots of friends because everyone is here to help you succeed. Good luck! And hope you add me as your friend.

PS: Exercise for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week minimum.
  • djnelson1024
    Options
    Welcome this site rocks such supporting people and the way that u track everything is great I love it a ton. Good luck in ur weight loss goals
  • junebug1010
    junebug1010 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! That's great info to keep in mind. This site seems to be just what I need.
  • mbrunache
    Options
    I wish you all the best, I'm fairly new on here too, trying to accomplish the same thing. We can encourage each other. add me a friend.
    Melissa
  • douglernerold
    Options
    Welcome. I just joined too. I've been dieting all morning! :)

Best of luck to everybody.

doug
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Welcome -- this is a great site. There is no "MFP diet.". How you work your eating plan is up to you. It's an adult site. You've got to make your own choices You are in charge. I have made some really supportive friends on MFP. You have a great data base to help you plan your meals and exercise workouts. You've got a huge community of weight and fitness oriented people to reach out to for advice and encouragement. Add me as a MFP friend if you'd like. Again, welcome.