Office Pet Peeves

Options
montana_girl
montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
It's one of those days... co-workers are annoying the heck out of me!

Have one in particular who starts talking loudly before she is all the way in our office (shared by three of us). Doesn't bother to see if anyone is on the phone or if the person she's speaking to is even in their cubicle. She has this habit of ending every sentence (and I wish to god I was exaggerating) with, "know what I mean?"

And... her most delightful habit... talking on her cell phone while using one of the stalls in the bathroom. :huh:

Please tell me I'm not the only one with co-workers that annoy them...

Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Nail clipping.....getting me sick is on the list too!

Some germbag was coughing her brains out last week and was kind enough to give it to me!
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I hate it when the dude beside me gets giant, onion and vinegar covered subs and doesn't share. Also, when he picks his nose. That's icky.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    This lady that sits near me clears her throat incessantly, all day. :explode:
  • LeahBelcastro
    LeahBelcastro Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I share an office with two other women. It tends to get a little loud with the phone buzzing! However, I think the thing that drives me the craziest is one of them breaths like she is CHEWBACCA!!! The heavy breathing gets under my skin bad. With that she tends to suck her snot back in…. Talk about wanting to toss my cookies! YUCK!!!!
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Cellphones in the stall bother me....Some loud talkers that just have no respect for anyone. OHHH and the on that really gets me is when my co-worker is sitting on the same conference call i'm on and they put it on speaker because they don't want to pick up the phone/headset....then i get to listen in surround sound!!!!!!argh
  • courtparks
    courtparks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It sounds like my office. No one seems to have office etiquette any more.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Well lets see:

Guy across - wife calls ALL DAY LONG. When said wife isn't calling, she's texting him ALL DAY LONG. When said wife isn't calling or texting him, he's SNORING.

Girl behind - slams her pen ALL DAY LONG. If she's not slamming her pen down, she's talking on her cell phone and when she get's off the phone, she announces her conversations.

Woman beside - NEVER MOVES from her desk. NEVER. Sits there ALL DAY LONG.

Guy on other side - smokers cough ALL DAY LONG.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My officemates are actually really good. My problem is when the contactors come in and start talking to me while I'm on a conference call with other sites. Most of the time this happened when the phone was on speaker (had no officemates then) and I was talking to the phone about site issues that that contactor didn't need to know about.
  • OcotilloFire
    OcotilloFire Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The moment I am not smiling, for example when looking at a computer screen or dealing with something taxing, a certain co-worker sneaks up behind me with a "What's wrong?"
    Nothing is wrong! I do not have permasmile and I am hard at work!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I used the wrong cover sheet on my TPS report and the guy across from me has a "Bad case of the Mondays."
  • Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options
    Oh my Lord... I have a coworker (female) who burps constantly. Not once does she ever say excuse me. Hey, typically it doesn't bother me, but really? In the office? I thought I was going to die when I started here and she was training me...
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Oh my Lord... I have a coworker (female) who burps constantly. Not once does she ever say excuse me. Hey, typically it doesn't bother me, but really? In the office? I thought I was going to die when I started here and she was training me...

I feels ya. There's a guy that burps so loudly in my office that I can hear it all the way across the room. lol
  • pettychia
    pettychia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker who has gained some weight and apparently the only pants that fit her are corduroys. Hearing that zip-zip-zip all day multiple times a week as she walks through the office makes me nuts.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Ok - I work by myself with 2 attorneys. One is pretty good most of the time (overly anal about stuff, but bearable) Tthe other has a few quirks that get me.

1. He leaves stuff on my desk forever. I finally had to buy a basket just to keep his paperwork in. (His office is a disaster and that is where he keeps files - lord help anyone trying to find something up there).

2. Because his office is such a disaster, he sits in one of the reception area chairs and reads files (right by my desk as I am the paralegal/receptionist/secretary and girl friday) It makes me feel like he is constantly watching me. Maybe my own paranoia - but still - go clean out your office so you can sit on a chair in there.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    One of my office mates comes into our area and says a loud Rick Flair style Woooooooo quite often. Why do you need to do that? Of course he's p'd me off so many times for other reasons I get angry if he says good morning.

Another guy talks on speaker phone a lot.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My old boss and his wife were in a handbell choir...and they went to handbell choir competitions and conferences. Upon his return to work I would get a 2+ hour dissertation on EVERY SINGLE MEAL they ate while at the convention/conference. Every time. And usually after he had enjoyed green onions for lunch (i HATE onion breath!!). He was a very nice man, but whew. He was interesting.
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It's one of those days... co-workers are annoying the heck out of me!

And... her most delightful habit... talking on her cell phone while using one of the stalls in the bathroom. :huh:

Please tell me I'm not the only one with co-workers that annoy them...
    Groan. These are annoying, especially the talking on the phone in the restroom. Too bad phones don't automatically turn off as soon as someone walks past the doorway. I wish I could throw the phone of everyone who did this in the toilet. Preferably in an unflushed bowl.

I don't usually have a shy bladder but for some reason it's hard for me to go if someone's yapping on the phone in the bathroom.
    However, I think the thing that drives me the craziest is one of them breaths like she is CHEWBACCA!!! The heavy breathing gets under my skin bad. With that she tends to suck her snot back in…. Talk about wanting to toss my cookies! YUCK!!!!
    I feel your pain.

There was a woman I called Snot Bucket because of how much she snorted her mucus back up, every single day. Instead of using a kleenex like a normal human, between inhaling her snot, she'd wipe her nose on her sleeves and palm of her hands. She always had a runny nose, probably because she spent all her time fighting her body's urge to get rid of bad mucus.

So many times, I almost slipped and called her Snot Bucket to her face or when talking to someone else in the office. To this day, I'm not even sure I remember the woman's real name.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    One clears her throat all day long during allergy season (which, in St Louis, is all year long :indifferent: ). She hawks up the stuff like a man... :sick:

Another talks incessantly. My office is situated where my back is to the other room, so I have to look away from my work everytime she wants to chat. If I don't turn around or acknowledge her in some way, she calls my name until I do.

Another doesn't have a reliable form of transportation, and is regularly late...like 40 minutes or so twice or more a week.

Yet another is so negative about anything regarding the workplace that I've stopped having conversations with her.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    My work life is so much better since our department moved locations and now I'm in an office with one other person who's a good friend. Unfortunately since she doesn't drive me crazy, by the law of statistics that must mean that *I'm* the annoying one!

Before that, she and I sat in an area with 2 other co-workers who won the annoying prize hands-down. They were so hateful and negative that we nicknamed them Statler and Waldorf (from The Muppet Show). Also, one was a massive throat-clearer and the other one talked to herself nonstop. Even composed emails out loud.