vegan/vegetarians. need help choosing a few items.

Options
2»

Replies

• babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Will do thanks! Do you know any can or box soup is vegan friendly? like lipton, campbell etc?? or any easy soup base i can make? tomato etc
  • maggiebee04
    Options
    I make a big jar (old jam jar) of salad dressing every weekend and use it throughout the week, with lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, shallots, and olive oil. A little bit goes a long way.

Also, you can dress your salads the Greek way (I just moved back to the US from Greece): Cut up the veggies and let them sit in a bowl or tupperware ahead of time. I'll put peppers, some onion slices, some tomato and cucumber and spices (oregano, dill, parsley, whatever I've got) into the bowl, with salt and pepper, after breakfast in the morning. The salt gets the juices flowing, so by midday or dinnertime everything's juicy and flavored with onion/peppers. I'll pour in a tiny bit of olive oil if I feel like it, or just eat it plain with whatever else I'm having. This is the secret to traditional Greek salad, but it works with almost every veggie combo I've tried.