30 Day Shred

Options
I just ordered 30 Day Shred. I'm excited.

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Don't want to put you off, but be ready for a good bit of soreness. Jillian really puts you through the paces, even on level 1. But just push through and the soreness will fade and you'll be able to see progress remarkably quickly. I'll be starting level 2 tomorrow so I wish you luck!
  • frglvrnic
    Options
    i just bought it and am starting it tomorrow im excited too! :)
  • shekae
    shekae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't want to put you off, but be ready for a good bit of soreness. Jillian really puts you through the paces, even on level 1. But just push through and the soreness will fade and you'll be able to see progress remarkably quickly. I'll be starting level 2 tomorrow so I wish you luck!

I second this! I just started on Thursday. I couldn't bend down or go down stairs for 2 days without some serious pain (I work with preschoolers so I had to get down lower all day long- Yowch!). By today though, I was able to make it through to whole workout without resting or wanting to die. It was still challenging though.
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    I love it! I did it a couple of months ago and now I do all 3 workouts together, back to back. It's a pretty good hour long workout.
  • grouch201
    Options
    I love it! I did it a couple of months ago and now I do all 3 workouts together, back to back. It's a pretty good hour long workout.

Hmmm...there's an interesting idea. I like that idea for when I get through. I might change to another workout for a while, but it will be something good to come back to.
  • darcibean
    Options
    I just started this tonight, and I had to rest a couple times through, but I pushed and kept doing it. My legs felt like jello afterward, I am going to be SO sore tomorrow!! I'm on Level 1.
  • DigitalRain
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I Iike to be manhandled and slapped around during a workout :laugh: and Jillian Michaels delivers. If you can do her workouts, you should be able to tackle anything.
  • grouch201
    Options
    Just started level 2 today and it seems like even her "best girls" were having a harder time with it so that's encouraging. She was ragging on them a bit more which made the video a little more entertaining than just some dumb workout. So far, enjoying it, even though I feel like putty again. I guess that's just fear leaving the body. No phoning it in!
  • atotal180
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I Iike to be manhandled and slapped around during a workout :laugh: and Jillian Michaels delivers. If you can do her workouts, you should be able to tackle anything.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL manhandled!!! She will do it to you indeed!!! I love her workouts!!!
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just ordered 30 Day Shred. I'm excited.

I love it! After the first day workout, I felt like jello, but it did get easier. I am on level 2 now and it's a whole new jello feeling :) All good though!
  • GoodBye_Fatty
    GoodBye_Fatty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow. Looks like I have to get this...is it 30 days straight? Can you skip a day...or 2? lol
  • kaffro
    Options
    Wow. Looks like I have to get this...is it 30 days straight? Can you skip a day...or 2? lol

I am doing it 30 days straight, but you don't have to. :)
  • tinalcross
    Options
    It took me two/three times before I could make it all the way through to the end.... I am on level two now and there are still days when I have to stop and take a break cause my energy level is poor that day. I say some is better than none, just do what you can and you will still have results.
  • GoodBye_Fatty
    GoodBye_Fatty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Decided Im going to buy this weekend and start Sunday. I really want to go 30days straight but it seems that Im going to be pretty sore. If I am I will rest but hopefully once I get used to it the soreness will go away and I can start doing it everyday.

I cant wait! (Going to workout with this alongside my KettleBell workouts)
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies. I still haven't received my copy yet. It should ship today or tomorrow though. I can't wait to receive it and get started. I'm not really a fan of exercise though. I've had this pattern of starting and stopping and so on. I hope this time isn't going to be a repeat of that. I want to get this weight off and keep it off. It's really hard for me to stick to anything. Currently I have no exercise routine and I have a desk Job. :|
    -Do you all do the 3DS continously or skip days and do different things?
    -On days that you do the 3DS do you incorporate other DVD's or exercises that day in with it?
    I've watched clips of 3DS on Youtube and I like her style. I can't remember who said it but one of you mentioned how the other girls seem to be having trouble too but she keeps them in line. I like that too. It makes me feel like "I'm not the only one". Most of the DVD's I've tried everyone is so slim and doing everything perfect. It's unreal.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I love this DVD but can't do it since I gained all the weight back. Just do it at a moderate pace and you will be fine.
  • kaffro
    Options
    Decided Im going to buy this weekend and start Sunday. I really want to go 30days straight but it seems that Im going to be pretty sore. If I am I will rest but hopefully once I get used to it the soreness will go away and I can start doing it everyday.

I cant wait! (Going to workout with this alongside my KettleBell workouts)

The second day, I was sore, but not so sore I couldn't do it. This is my first time doing the Shred. I needed to add something to my normal "routine" of my elliptical. I was running and walking outside up until I injured my foot on vacation. I am still having difficulty with my foot, so I don't want to push it and the elliptical is what works for me now and I enjoy it. My point of all that is, I have been exercising daily for a while, but just added the Shred to my daily exercise and I was sore because it worked different muscles. Listen to your body. I think if you're already doing your kettlebell workouts, you should be good to go. Follow Anita (she modifies the exercises for beginners) and work your way up to following Natalie (who is more for the advanced people). I followed Anita til about halfway through.
  • kaffro
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies. I still haven't received my copy yet. It should ship today or tomorrow though. I can't wait to receive it and get started. I'm not really a fan of exercise though. I've had this pattern of starting and stopping and so on. I hope this time isn't going to be a repeat of that. I want to get this weight off and keep it off. It's really hard for me to stick to anything. Currently I have no exercise routine and I have a desk Job. :|
    -Do you all do the 3DS continously or skip days and do different things?
    -On days that you do the 3DS do you incorporate other DVD's or exercises that day in with it?
    I've watched clips of 3DS on Youtube and I like her style. I can't remember who said it but one of you mentioned how the other girls seem to be having trouble too but she keeps them in line. I like that too. It makes me feel like "I'm not the only one". Most of the DVD's I've tried everyone is so slim and doing everything perfect. It's unreal.

I am doing it 30 days straight :) And, I use my elliptical for at least a half an hour before I shred. That's all I am doing right now. I like Jillian and she admits that her workouts aren't easy, but they get results. And she's right, I've lost inches!