Hello everyone! Newbie to My Fitness Pal!! :)

Options
I was on another weight loss type site but wasn't getting results or support ( partially think I was bored with it...you know how that goes). :wink: I thought maybe this one would be more helpful in my weight loss goals. Now that winter is over (almost, in lovely Wisconsin) I'd like to start over, with a new outlook and a new website. My goal is to loose 40-50lbs. Any one have any tips for
using the site or anything they want to share I'd appreciate it. Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• Shellbell5277
    Options
    Just wanted to say I am new as we'll. good luck and I hope we both can be successful!
  • CassandraEldridge
    CassandraEldridge Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like the news feed. On a bad day or lazy day, it always motivates me to see what my friends are up to. If they are all out exercising and buring calories It helps give me the push I might need.
  • carrierose2
    carrierose2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I will add you. I think this is a great motivational site. Love the open diaries and you can get ideas on different menus. I also have about 50 to lose and have already lost 10lbs. since joining. Welcome:)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this site! I have been using it on various accounts for years now and it's such a great support!
    Definitely add a bunch of people, the more support you are getting the easier it is to stick to your goals, also definitely use the boards. I have found the absolute best recipes and even some really great diets using it.

I just finished the advocare 24 day challenge and lost 12 pounds and about 9 inches, which i didn't even know was a thing until i saw about it on this site.lol
    I will link you to the challenge just in case you are interested.
    https://www.advocare.com/140414582/Store/24Wizard/

Feel free to friend me :)

You lost water weight. It'll come back when you eat regularly again.

I'm sorry but don't turn to things like advocare to lose weight. You have to make it a lifestyle change, not a diet or a "quick" fad/fix. If you want it to last, you have to do things for it to last, such as learn how to eat the right amount, exercise, etc. It doesn't have to be all super healthy foods either. It can be a combo of things you love and super healthy. I eat pizza, have a beer every now and again, I'm losing weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

Check that link out.

Moderation NOT deprivation.
    There are no good or bad foods, only bad eating habits.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

I just finished the advocare 24 day challenge and lost 12 pounds and about 9 inches, which i didn't even know was a thing until i saw about it on this site.lol
    I will link you to the challenge just in case you are interested.
    https://www.advocare.com/140414582/Store/24Wizard/

You've promoted Advocare in more than one post. If you're here to sell products, you have to know it's against the terms of service and considered spamming the forum.