And now for the 10,000, yet, last time......

Options
Hello, I am Kristen and I'm a food addict. I've been on a million types of diets, workout regimines, pills, ect..only to loose then gain blah blah blah. We've all heard it before. Well, this time I HAVE TO LOOSE WIEGHT FOR GOOD. Not just another diet or workout program but changing my life. I've said it before but I'm ready this time. Confident for once. I've been working out with a walk plan everyday for the past 2 weeks except sundays and am starting a walk/jog program tomarrow. I'm statring very very very slowly at first seeing as how one of my BIGGEST problems are doing too much too soon and hurting to bad to get back at it the next day. Wish me luck and I'd love any tip, suggestions, advice ect anyone has! Have a blessed day.

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi:flowerforyou:
    when you can't get outside try Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds dvds- she does both 12 and 15 min miles about $10 at walmart and target:wink:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred for strength, cardio and abwork...total time 27 minutes from warm up to cool down
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! I love her videos!! I have the 1, 2, and 3 mile video now and have alot of fun wiht them.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'll def try the Jillian Michaels video as well! Those are soooo great for days when I just cant seem to get to the gym. It's so convient to just go into my office at home and rock it out.
  • megaloox
    Options
    Walking is one of the best, and most underrated, exercises you can do to start losing weight, especially when you're first starting off. I used to be a pretty avid runner but have since lost my endurance and I'm slowing building into it. Everyone will tell you this, but patience is the name of the game. Realizing that there really are not quick fixes to weight loss is important, because it can get tiring. You're smart to start slow to avoid burning out. My biggest suggestion that comes from personal experience in walking is to take care of your feet! I've walked myself into sore and blistered feet and it can really impede on your progress. Buy a good, comfortable pair of walking/running shoes and some good pairs of socks. Trust me, it'll make all the difference.
    It's always good to see new members; the support system here is great and keeping track of things is a breeze. Good luck in your journey!
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will find so much support here you will soon be well on your way!! You've made a fantastic start xxx