surprised myself today!

Options
Sooo I have never been a runner, and I always keep thinking, "ahh I'm so tired, have to stop" and so I do. But today I ran 2 miles without stopping!! I didn't even know I could do that! hah I'm proud of myself.

Anyways any tips to building endurance? My legs weren't tired at all, the problem was my lungs, also this is kind of gross but does anyone else get a ton of excess saliva when exercising? I felt like I was getting over a cold or something with all the gross spit.

sorry this is kind of pointless. Just a milestone for me today.

Replies

• spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Congrats on the run. It is truly one of the greatest ways to burn calories quickly. The saliva thing is one of the annoying things that happens when you run! Great runners are also great spitters. ( I have only heard this as I am a lady and refuse to spit). There is a great programme that is down loadable called the c25k. Essentailly it is a sound track coach that encourages you through the paces and slowly builds your stamina. It is excellent and I am a former long distance runner and found it very useful. There are a lot of references to it on MFP and it has encouraged a lot of non runners to get moving. I have recently stopped using the programme due to knee injuries but will return as I felt it helpful and it really gave me a boost. Also there is a nother logging system for running on the internet that provides a record keeping and challenge log for people. I forget the name but I am sure there are a few good ones. I was logging for awhile but got a little busy. It was fun to see my progress though. I actually really miss the peace of running. It is an excellent way to lose yourself and so great to see the daily results in endurance!:drinker:

It is excellent that you accomplished the two miles. It is always that last few moments of any excercise, the moment that you want to give up but do not, that count the most so great job!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    If your limits was breathing and not muscle soreness, you will find that the more often you do it the easier it gets. Do you run with music? I always found some songs were really good beats for keeping pace and regulating breathing. Once you get that rhythm down you will be set :)