Is this normal?

Options
GC527
GC527 Posts: 272 Member
I have faith in my ability to follow a nutrition and exercise program. I am motivated because not only do I want to look and feel better but I know that I will die if I don't make these changes. I enjoy healthy food and love to exercise. My problem is that I don't feel its possible for ME to ever have the success that others have experienced. Like its too good to be true even though it hasn't happened yet. I am afraid to look forward to what my hard work will do because somehow I am afraid it won't do anything? It's hard to explain I guess. I feel like it works for other people, but nothing will work for me. Anyone understand what I am trying to say?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel that way, do you think? What's different about you?
  • GC527
    Options
    I am not sure why I feel that way. I guess I've never been a normal weight and I have no idea how to even imagine what it would be like; it seems so foreign and impossible. I suppose I am just afraid of doing, trying, and keeping at it and then not seeing my body change. I have no idea.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I can relate, when I first started working out I would look at the fitness models in the program I was following, then look at myself and think "Is this really going to work, am I kidding myself, will I ever look anything near to what they do?"

I can tell you that hell yeah I can and now do look similar lol.

You can too! :wink:
  • blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this very much. I have been overweight my entire life, ranging from "chubby" to obese as an adult. I have a very hard time envisioning myself at a healthy weight. I just have faith that my perseverance and changes will show me the results I have a hard time fully envisioning.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    So why is this stopping you from trying? What have you got to lose?
  • glitznglamour15
    glitznglamour15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way! Your definitely not alone on this. I see pictures of fit girls and I want to look and feel like them soo badly, but yet I feel like I will never be like that.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    You can and WILL do it! Have with in yourself, it does a long way! You have your friends behind you (all of us.. ) to support and motivate you all the way!!!
    There is no such thing as Impossible only Im - Possible!!
  • GC527
    Options
    So why is this stopping you from trying? What have you got to lose?

It's not stopping me from trying. I am in it. Eating right, working out right, and doing things to make me healthy.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Make good eating choices and move more for three months, then re-assess and prove yourself wrong that you can't achieve success. It's the only way to clear out the self doubt. Good luck!