Nike+ Sensor

Options
i'm thinking about getting the Nike+ Sensor for my ipod touch to help with work outs. I would love some feed back first if anyone has used one! I hope you guys can help me out with the pros and cons. thanks so much!

Replies

• iamanne
    iamanne Posts: 67
    Options
    I have one and have really been motivated by the tracking of runs, calories etc. I really the goals on the website too. The only I wonder about is accuracy. I usually do put in all the calories it counts as I have heard that most devices over count by 15-20% so I subtract 20% off the calorie count.

As long as it keeps me motivated I guess I am not going to get too hung up it since I hear most aren't completely accurate anyway.

I hope if you get one you will have as much and be as motivated as I have. Happy running.:smile:
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have one, but only use it for indoors on the treadmill. I use the nike+ app with GPS for outdoor walks. It doesn't use gps for tracking but not too bad. Both are always off some unless you calibrate and have perfect stride every time.

The foot sensor is $20 the nike + app is $2. and works just as good if not better than the food sensor.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    you could settle for a heart rate monitor and use an app on your phone for gps?
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I also use the Nike+ GPS app (for my iphone) but did have the sensor previously, and i found it to be fairly accurate. The calories are a bit low on the Nike app (as compared to my HRM) though.