Weighing

Options
When weighing, should i take off the weight of my clothes? If so, how much? I can't weigh naked anymore, my scales broke and i'm not intending on buying anymore. I go round to the local pharmacy and i think i'd get arrested if i stripped off there! LOL

Replies

• Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the exact same clothes every time and don't take anything off for them. I only used to weigh in at weight watchers meetings and we could hardly strip naked there so that was my way of making sure any gain or loss wasn't a result of my clothes.
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    That's the thing, last week, i weighed in t-shirt and shorts but It's colder this week so i wore my tracksuit bottoms. I took off 1lb but i'm not sure.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I believe that in any weight loss journey, it's the weight LOST that counts, not necessarily the number itself. So as long as you are being consistent with the time of day and relatively consistent with the weight of clothing, then I say don't worry too much about it. Doctors' offices usually say 2 lb for clothes (including shoes), if that helps. But if the scale goes down like you are wanting, then the beginning number give or take 2 lb won't make or break ya.
  • dlmarkley66
    Options
    I prefer to weigh in at the same time everyday, in the same type of clothing. It is harder to do at the Pharmacy for sure! I would recommend a pair of jeans and tshirt, if these are your thing. Year round type clothing. Clothing weighs a little, but shoes are generally the worst, so I always take those off! Anyway, good luck!