I binged yesterday.

Options
:angry:

I'm so mad at myself.
We hosted a weekend house party for a friend who was visiting the UK from New Zealand. I cooked so I knew the food was healthy, and I managed to avoid the beer!
But yesterday, once everyone had left & I was tiding up I found the half eaten bags of crisps (potato chips) and the opened packets of cookies. And all my self control flew right out of the window.:mad:
I was so full I felt sick.:sick:
And this morning I have a banging headache from all the sugar and cr*p.

So today I'm back to counting calories ect and hoping the bloated stomach goes soon.

Replies

• julie558
    Options
    We all have days like that. When I do it I give myself a kick and start again.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am in your gang, I lost it yesterday evening too, and all after a good week, I am my worst enemy. I am so close to a healthy bmi but not got there yet! not even for a day!!!!! today has started well it would be nice to get thru to sunday saying the same thing!!!! good luck to you, a clean slate for us both eh!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Ok,it happens to everyone. It's really difficult and you're obviously upset with yourself over it, but today is a new day, so chin up, and get back to it! Now, you've learned how it makes you feel when you do overeat and even if you do it again (and we usually do a couple of times before we really learn) you can just jump back in where you were, a little wiser. You can do this. :)
  • Avalon203
    Options
    Oh god, I totally know how you feel! Last niht I went to a Jimmy Carr Show with my mum and sister, we went out for tea before and I specifically chose an Italian restaurant so that I could choose a healthy tomato based pasta dish....But no! I had BBQ ribs with chips, followed by white chocolate and amaretto cake with ice cream and a BOTTLE of wine. Ridiculous over indulgance and I am paying for it now!! All we can do I suppose is remember how rubbish it makes you feel to pig out and hopefully make a better choice next time! And also work out extra hard today to make up for it :-) Dont beat yourself up to much and good luck! x
  • carbonbeing
    Options
    I reward myself daily with a treat. I borrowed a rule from budgeting and I pay myself first. Than I am good the rest of the day. 1 bad day out of 7. Good Job!!!
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Been there! I was doing great on Saturday, doing so well, even had zero-cal soft drink to take to my friend's birthday... but then another friend (whose birthday I had missed) brought out the tequila and asked me to 'make it up to her' for missing hers...and once a few tequilas were down the hatch, so was every other foodstuff in sight!

But we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, go for a run around the block and eat an apple, because we've got to get back on that horse.

We've got to keep going, because if we stop, we'll never make it. If we fall two steps back, take another two forward and start fresh!

And hey, we're all human. Everyone needs a day off :)
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    yup. ~happens to the best of us, and I am like this too I have self restraint around people, but then totally blow it while doing clean up. I feel yah...

Just move on. Seriously. Guilt makes everything terrible, and guilty workouts too...
    Just have a much lighter breakfast the next day (like just a piece of fruit or a yogurt), and something light at lunch. Make sure you get some exercise in the next day... then you will be right back on track!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. It's good to know I'm not alone.
    I've just had some extra incentive sent. One of our friends was taking photos over the weekend and I've just seen the results. NOT pretty! I look like Jabba the Hutt in a green top.:embarassed: I had thought I looked okay.
    So thats become my wallpaper on my laptop.