When you feel like falling off the wagon

Options
What do you do when you start to feel your motivation wane? I know part of the problem is the weather. A recent cold snap has me feeling unmotivated to do anything in general. (I hate the cold) I'm not eating over maintenance, I'm just having trouble staying at goal everyday.

So what are your tricks to remotivate yourself?

Replies

• VCopple
    VCopple Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I go find my friends who have lost and maintained their loss. One friend lost 175 pounds. She did that right after I stopped working with her 3 years ago. I knew her when she was huge, and then I went to visit her and did not recognize her. She lost an entire person! She has kept off that weight for three years, so I figure if she can lose that much just by having a change in lifestyle, I can lose 20.

On a less drastic scale, one of my current coworkers is down 22 pounds. She looks amazing and feels amazing. She was talking today about how the extra exercise she has been doing helps keep the weight off and makes her feel amazing. She plays soccer twice a week in a women's league, so it is fun, not tedious like going to the gym can be.

When I plateau I turn to my friends. We motivate each other, and I am considering joining them when they go exercise so I can have fun too!
  • Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When I'm not motivated, I'll just eat maintenance. As long as I don't gain weight, I don't mind taking a break from dieting. I can pick back up where I left off without creating more work for myself.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    There are 2 big things that you can do to keep you on track. The first is to have a great support system. People you can turn to that will tell you to keep on the straight and narrow, that you don't need to eat that whatever you're craving, and that will be encouraging. You also need to have a deep-rooted WHY. Why are you making these changes? Is it to change your health? Is it to inspire the people around you? Is it to lead your family by example? Your why must be bigger than your biggest excuse. My why is to teach my son how to lead a healthy and fit life so he never gets the problems that I was having before I turned my health and fitness around.

I help to run weight loss support groups through Facebook. All are welcome, and I'd be happy to chat with you more about it if that is something you're looking for.

Allan
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Xingy01 wrote:
    When I'm not motivated, I'll just eat maintenance. As long as I don't gain weight, I don't mind taking a break from dieting. I can pick back up where I left off without creating more work for myself.

OMGosh. :noway: :love: :drinker: Why didn't anyone give this advice before??!!