Home Yoga

Options
I want to start doing Yoga at home. i do not have the money to buy a DVD though so have been thinking about creating my own routine. I used to do Body Balance so have a vague idea of how it should go but I am after any advice from those of you that have created your own routine.

Could you give me any examples of the routines you do at home please or any other advice that might help.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• JudyArazoza
    Options
    Hello Lady_C

There is a website called Yogatoday.com that offers a free class weekly. You can play it and follow along and have the option to download it for $3.99 . I have done several of their classes. They offer different levels and give decent descriptions to help you choose. They always have a selection of their classes to down load, and a free weekly class.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    you can even search yoga videos online. there are several out there. also if you have cable on demand, there are fitness shows there with yoga sessions. if you have a library card, you can rent fitness (yoga) videos for free for 7 days - at least i can. i also picked up a yoga book from the library and have several moves that i do daily.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    There are also plenty of free podcasts at yogajournal and on itunes.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    You can also find yoga on www.exercisetv.tv in their Free Full Length video section. As a yoga instructor, I wouldn't recommend you trying to make up your own routine without proper training in the correct alignment of the body for the various postures. Videos aren't the ideal way to learn, but they are much better then trying to figure out the way to flow from pose to pose correctly from pictures or directions online.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I borrow videos from the library. I have a very short attention span and it's perfect for me to try a little of everything without spending money on a DVD I end up not liking enough to stick with.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I found yogajournal.com to be a wealth of information
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I want to start doing Yoga at home. i do not have the money to buy a DVD though so have been thinking about creating my own routine. I used to do Body Balance so have a vague idea of how it should go but I am after any advice from those of you that have created your own routine.

Could you give me any examples of the routines you do at home please or any other advice that might help.

Thanks so much!

I just kind of do what I want. I don't think there's a right or wrong way and your body will tell you what to flow to next.

However (I haven't read other posts, so this may have been suggested), you can find free routines online. YouTube has them and I think a few other sites.
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    There are also plenty of free podcasts at yogajournal and on itunes.

I just did a yoga video from yogajournal! It was the move and sweat one! So fast paced! Only 15 minutes but gives a good short burst of exercise!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    wow there is a lot of info out there. I just started doing yoga this week. Its been pretty good definatley hard to do at my size. I have a Yoga weight loss with Bob Harper and the Biggest Loser. It's kickin my bootay!!! Good luck to you!