Ugh My PROBLEM!

xoalyssaox
xoalyssaox Posts: 318 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I am sooo annoyed with myself. I worked my butt off all week and lost 2 pounds..

But then went out Friday and Saturday night drinking, which leads to eating, and I gained 3 back. This seems to be a trend. Every other weekend I don't have my son, and on those weekends I tend to go out, and I gain every thing I lost back and more. I can't have both can I?

SO basically I can't try and lose this weight and have a social life too? Well I am gonna have to give up the social life I guess, cause I'd much rather lose the 30 pounds...

Replies

• You can have both, hon.

Rather than going out drinking (which as you said, leads to eating) why don't you arrange to go out with your friends to do some fun activity?
    Arrange to go dancing (minus the drinking, except water!!), arrange to go bowling or play pool or something fun that will get you moving and burn off a few calories at the same time.

Going out doesn't have to mean drinking and eating, having a social life doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your health and happiness with your weight loss.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I empathise. I too like to go out drinking and I too put weight back on.....:laugh: However, I do know the weight doesnt stick, it's just water weight!! :bigsmile:

I've restricted myself to once a fortnight too. And I've banned fast food from my life! :laugh:

I also exercise on the day, skip lunch or dinner so I have spare calories. I still go over, but the damage is less :bigsmile:

I think I would go mad if I sacrifced my social life completely. But that's me. You do, what you gotta do!

I feel the only draw back is losing the weight slower. But I'm still averaging 1lb a week, so...........

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Make yourself the designated driver and hit the dance floor. That way you're there, you're getting a workout, AND you're keeping your friends safe!
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    In my opinion if you enjoy hanging out with friends (and who doesn't) especially at your age, drinking will often be part of it, so you need to learn how to deal with situations like that...I think you can do it without terrible damage, but you need to budget for it.

Come up with a calorie limit for your drinks before you go out, and stick to it. If you haven't budgeted to for eating afterwards then don't do it...that's one of the worst habits that people have...the whole going out to eat after drinking, it's already so late, you've already consumed enough calories for the day, it's just a bad habit. Try to break that one, it will be hard to watch your friends eat pizza or whatever while you sit there with nothing in front of you, but it's really not worth it to eat at that point.

And btw, my friends still do this as well, I always sit there and watch them eat, sometimes it's hard and I'll have a bite or two of my bf's fries, but I never order something for myself...I know I'll regret it in the morning.
  • You CAN have a social life. Just limit your drinking. Alcohol is full of empty calories. Have one drink and is not to calorie, sugar and carb dense. Maybe vodka with tonic.. or gin/tonic. No fruity drinks or rum with coke...

Social Life should not = drinking.
This discussion has been closed.