I feel like Hedonism Bot

Options
To be frank , it could've been much worse than it was, but I derailed a bit last night. I was in a foul - FOUL mood and as a result promptly covered my feelings in in cheese and consumed them.

I've been doing well and I know it isn't the end of the world, but looking at the scale this morning - even though the change was a cheese stick away from nothing - totally made my monday blow harder than mondays usually do.

I am in dire need of some bolstering.

Replies

• bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My daughter, almost 29yo, loves cheese and eats one or two ounces a day. She is very slim, but has not always been so. The secret is, (Plan A) have you consumed all your fat calories for the day? Will it take you over your calorie max for the day? If the answers are "No.", then eat the cheese, guilt-free.
    If the answers are, "Yes.", (Plan B) then, I hope you totally enjoyed the moment and resolved to go for Plan A in the future as it relates to cheese.
    See, that wasn't as bad as you thought. :drinker: (enjoy life, and water! ;)
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way...today is a new day. Don't EVER get back on a scale after a night like that! EVER!!! Always give yourself at least 24 hrs of getting back on track and in the right frame of mind.

That being said, join me in the struggle not to let the scale determine your mood. This is a LIFESTYLE change. Not a diet. You are occasional have days that you just go forget it! As long as it is not EVERY day you are ok.

Take a walk today. Take DEEP BREATHS today. Punch 4 or 5 pillows. Get in the shower and go on a screaming crying jag if it makes you feel better. But let it out instead of feeding it.

Hope your Monday is not THAT kind of Monday.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Hedonism Bot! LOL love Futurama!:laugh:

Today is a new day. Drink a ton of water and eat light, clean, and healthy. Reweigh tomorrow and it'll show. And "Bite my shiny metal *kitten*!":laugh:
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    How have you been doing on the other days? Don't let one day ruin everything you have accomplished over the long journey! In the long run and you will look back it will be just a blimp on the scale! Get right back on the wagon and keep moving forward!

Remember,... "Its not how hard you hit, BUT its how hard you get hit and keep moving forward" [wHAT MOVIE IS THAT FROM?] ANSWER BELOW

ROCKY 6! WATCH IT ,VERY MOTIVATING FILM!
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    By next week, your weight will normalize again. I've had two of those days (emotionally linked eating -- except mine were pretty bad) since I've started mfp and as long as I view my weight-loss as a permanent lifestyle change, then it's no biggie. If it takes you an extra week (or an extra month or two) to hit your goal weight, at least you still hit it. I've found that putting too much pressure on the process results in yo-yo-ing, which doesn't do any good long-term. Be gentle with yourself, keep your eye on the goal, and the weight will come off.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! Now I want you to look in the mirror and tell yourself, "Self, yesterday will not control me TODAY because I have the power to take charge of THIS day!" Now....if you are at work in a cubical you may need to keep your eye out for men in white jackets after talking to yourself like that.....but do you feel more in control? Get busy and plan your day out. It will help you keep on track for the day. Make yourself a small challenge just for today. Say.....challenge yourself to eat five fruits and veggies. That way you'll have something specific to focus on.

This is a lifestyle change, missy! Days off the wagon are part of life! Its all about how you handle the NEXT day! Chin up! Keep on truckin! ;)
  • beesus
    beesus Posts: 30
    Options
    thank you for the support everyone - so far so good!