Sick and Tired of being SICK AND TIRED!~

JennBennett410
JennBennett410 Posts: 229
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
So I gained 3 pounds this weekend. I have been on a Zpack since Friday. I can't workout, or when I do it is not a good workout. I still feel crappy. The problem is on Saturday I am doing a 5k for Under Armour in Baltimore. I wanted to run this week all week...but I can't even get through a Wii Fit workout with out feeling horrible. I am sitting here at work wishing I was in my bed!
Advice? Support? PLEASE bring it on!

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    If your sickness is from the neck up - you can run as you feel up to it. Try taking Emergen-C (I like tangerine in about 1 - 2 oz of water-chug it down) gives you a little boost when you feel run down. (Loads of Vit C and Bs in it)

If you've been training for a while, you'll be fine with 5k distance even if you only run one other time this week.

Good luck-hope you feel better!
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Isn't Zpack a antibotic? Body trying to repair itself and your fighting it.Get some rest and wait for Zpack completion.Rest,fluids, & healthy eating suggested.get well:yawn:
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Personally I think if your body is telling you that you feel bad then you shouldn't run. You should listen to your body. You are already on a Z-pak. You are either sick or allergies are kicking in. ( I don't know what the reason) but it means you should get well first. But FYI you might have gained weight because of the Z-pack. They sometimes have that side effect. Hope you feel better.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Z-pack is a strong broad spectrum antibiotic and unfortunately there is nothing really to speed recovery except get lots of rest. Lots of exercise can potentially stress your body's immune system.
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    I'm sorry. I have a bit of a scratchy throat and little cough myself. I hope you are feeling much better soon!
  • thanks guys...going to go home after work today and put on pj's have soup and call it a night (after I figure out what to do with my boys)
    :)
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    I'm sorry you are not feeling well. Rest is the best medicine. Even if you decide to run on Sat, the rest you get beforehand will benefit you. It's ok not to push your body before this 5K. Listen to what its telling you it needs.
    Plus, I know the side effects of zpack can be a yeast infection. Don't know if you get that, but if you do, let me know. I'll tell you what helped me and what has helped others in that situation.
    Sorry if that's TMI, but it's reality right??
    Risa
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    My 2 methods for kicking a virus. Crawl under multiple blankets and sweat it out...or get my blood alcohol content so high, the virus can't survive in my bloodstream.
    Only perform solution #2 under trained supervision.
  • thanks guys! I wish I could take off, but I work for someone who believes that you must work through your illness. UGH! I might have to take off tomorrow though if I am not feeling better....becauase I feel awful!
  • I TOOK OFF TOMORROW and I am not staying for my leadership meeting after work today. GOing into bed...Thanks guys again for your support!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Take care of yourself first!!! Don't worry about what others think about taking off...you have to do what is right for you.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Double post...opps!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    What is a ZPack? Hope you feel better soon.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Hope you are feeling better!
This discussion has been closed.