Apatite Control?

jlorren
jlorren Posts: 11 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
One of my biggest issues is apatite. I'm always hungry!

Safe ways to control this??

Replies

• Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    High protein foods, eggs, nuts in moderation, coconut , watch the fat, cheeses, raw veggies, apples, oatmeal. I was just going through the same thing. The small frequent meal thing really works.
  • Ryapm
    Ryapm Posts: 17 Member
    when you feel hungry, drink a glass or two of water, and wait about 20 minutes, and if your still hungry and it isn't a time when you would usually eat try eating a safe food like an apple or any type of fruit.
  • I have the same problem but I'm learning that I'm not necessarily hungry so much as I'm bored. Instead of eating 3 meals a day I eat between 5 and 6 mini meals and load up on the water. Sometimes people confuse dehydration with hunger. I agree with the posts from the others. Sometimes it's a mind thing too. If you are eating smaller portions switch to serving them on smaller plates so it looks like you have a full plate of food. Sounds dumb but if you are eating smaller portions on a big plate that subconsciously you may feel that you are depriving yourself and that would leave more room for falling off of the wagon. Good luck!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Cinnamon and dark chocolate are both appetite suppressants, and it only takes a tiny bit of dark chocolate to work.

There are others. Try googling something like, "natural appetite suppressants."

That said, you should try to get fiber, fat and protein into each meal and snack. That will help a lot.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    I also recommend when you're hungry (if it's not one of your normal meals, whenever you decide to eat them) is to get up and work out!! Even if you're at work, you can stand up and walk to the restroom (hopefully), so walk to the restroom, go inside and march in circles or do jumping jacks or whatever light cardio you can do for 30 seconds to 1 minute. It helps.

And good luck :smile:
  • Lots of good advise. I've been here for over 2 weeks and I was always hungry too. Logging in your food helps you realize how much you actually eating and it's an eye opener. I'm trying to feed my body and it seems to be getting easier. You will find lots of support here. Feel free to friend me. Good luck and stay with it.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    High protein foods, eggs, nuts in moderation, coconut , watch the fat, cheeses, raw veggies, apples, oatmeal. I was just going through the same thing. The small frequent meal thing really works.
    I agree with this. It's always better to eat small frequent meals so you have a steady stream of energy, if you wait until you're really starving you'll end up overeating. Reducing processed foods and increasing healthy whole foods also helps keep you full.
This discussion has been closed.