ZUMBA!!

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
does anyone have a zumba dvd that they follow at home? I would love to take classes at the gym but I cannot afford a gym membership so most of my workouts are done at home by dvd. Does anyone reccommend a good Zumba program? it looks like fun, i LOVE to dance and think it would be great.

if anyone has a review could you please advise me? thankyou.

Replies

• reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba dvds at home! I absolutely love them! It is a fun way to workout.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I love to dance too.. I got a set of disc's from www.zumba.com - it includes learning the moves, a 20 min session, a cardio 45 session, a 55 min "live" session and a45 min sculpt and tone session (with toning sticks) - well worth the intial cost - I have been doing this 3 or more times a week for over 3 months now. I alternatate with Shaun T Rockin' Body from www.beachbody.com - again, several workouts inluded and between the 2 of them, I have not been bored.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    youtube is great as well! I take the classes 2 times a week but also find Zumba vids I like on youtube and I learn and do the routines at home.
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    You might not need a gym membership, check Zumba.com for classes near you. Some Instructors do a per class fee and it varies so you'll have to see what's available in your area.
    Also the DVD set that was mentioned is great, but if you can't afford that there's also a DVD inside the book.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I went to the Zumba website and found a FREE class at a local church, and another class that's $4 per session as long as you pay for 10 (or $5 per otherwise). And no gym memberships required! So you might want to check that out in your area, too. Those two options are within about 6 miles of my house, too.

Good luck :smile:

And p.s. laughingdani knows her stuff about Zumba ... she's the one who's gotten me interested.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Our local Curves offers Zumba twice a week with the membership, but I know I have seen Zumba DVDs if you would rather do it at home!
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just bought my Zumba Dvd's 1 wk ago and I absolutely LOVE them. I do reccomend them they are a fun way to work out & get a good sweat going:)
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    I have the DVDs at home, but I much prefer going to class for the party atmosphere. The class I go to is $5/class, no contracts, no membership fees/dues. Just show up, pay your $5 and shake it, baby, shake it.

Zumba saved my life and has shown me a new way to live! I have NEVER exercised before... I was invited to attend a "dance class thing" and reluctantly went. That was it! I was in love with Zumba! I lost ten pounds over the next two months by just going to Zumba 1-2 times a week and making no other changes at all.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I just bought my Zumba Dvd's 1 wk ago and I absolutely LOVE them. I do reccomend them they are a fun way to work out & get a good sweat going:)

did you buy the ones called Zumba fitness?
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yes I bought those I'm now going to buy the other Zumba fitness, just to add variation:)
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    where did you get your Zumba fitness dvd(s)? and someone mentioned a book? with a DVD? Is it the same dvd as in the set?