Calories needed for maintaining

Options
Hi everyone! I started dieting and doing sports last November and since then I have lost 10 kg(from 70kg to 60kg).
I have now reached my target weight (I am 171 cm) and I need some help about calories needed to maintain this weight.

I used to eat about 1300-1400 calories daily and i would lose about 200-300 through exercise. However, I don't have the time to comtinue with my workout routine because of a heavy workload, so I will be mostly sedentary.

Problem is, how many calories can I add to my diet so I can maintain this weight?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i would add 100 each week for 2-3 weeks and then see if your weight stabilises... if not add another 100.
  • jec285
    jec285 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    BMR + exercise calories = How many calories you should theoretically be able to maintain at.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I would suggest trial and error. Like already suggested up them a little, see where you're at etc.
    I just upped mine and put on a bit lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    BMR + exercise calories = How many calories you should theoretically be able to maintain at.

you're forgetting all of the calories you burn doing normal day to day stuff like brushing your teeth, walking upstairs etc etc

BMR is what you burn in a coma.