Pure barre/bar method calorie burn?

Options
Does anyone know the approximate calorie burn for Pure Barre/ bar method?

Replies

• chicanery5
    Options
    Long answer: This will vary based on a lot of factors (height, weight, fitness level, amount of effort, what exercises they make you do in any individual class). I wear a HRM to class and I've burned between 210 and 330 calories in an hour class. A class with standing variations burns more than when you do seat work on the mat. "Cardio barre" burned more like 500 and once when I went to class right after cycling I burned over 400.

Short answer: get a heart rate monitor. They are so nifty.
  • MeAlley3148
    MeAlley3148 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Long answer: This will vary based on a lot of factors (height, weight, fitness level, amount of effort, what exercises they make you do in any individual class). I wear a HRM to class and I've burned between 210 and 330 calories in an hour class. A class with standing variations burns more than when you do seat work on the mat. "Cardio barre" burned more like 500 and once when I went to class right after cycling I burned over 400.

Short answer: get a heart rate monitor. They are so nifty.

Thank you SO much. I do have a HRM and it said I burned 291 in 45 minutes but I didn't believe it because it was mostly such teeny tiny movements. I am a plyo/kickboxing/cardio person and this workout kicked my booty. You look a little smaller than me in your profile pic so I will trust the HRM after all! Crazy to think I could burn that many calories without jumping. I was very sore too--- a good sign!
  • chicanery5
    Options
    Barre is seriously the best low-impact strength workout I have ever found. It's crazy how high your heart rate gets when you start shaking during an exercise (standing pretzel gets my HR up in the 170s if I'm doing it right).