This site is my inspiration

Options
banks1850
banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
I never thought it would work for me, but I have to say, tracking my food and exercise is making me keep doing it. I have said I would work out before, always started and quit within a week or two because I had no motivation and/or medium to measure results. But after a month on here, I can truthfully say I think I will be able to stick with it now. Not only because of the ability to track my food and excercise, but also from reading the inspirational and sometimes sad tales that you all put out there. So I say thanks to everyone that participates, and thanks to the creator of mfp (is that Mike?). Keep up the great work and next year, when I start my next season pitching for my over 30 mens league, I might actually be able to go for more then 4 innings before I feel like I died! I'm definately recommending this site to others.

So far, after 1 months, I have not only lost about 8 lbs. but I have upped my running from 1 mile at about 6.5 mph to 2 miles at about 7.5 mph, and my belly is going down! :D

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I never thought it would work for me, but I have to say, tracking my food and exercise is making me keep doing it. I have said I would work out before, always started and quit within a week or two because I had no motivation and/or medium to measure results. But after a month on here, I can truthfully say I think I will be able to stick with it now. Not only because of the ability to track my food and excercise, but also from reading the inspirational and sometimes sad tales that you all put out there. So I say thanks to everyone that participates, and thanks to the creator of mfp (is that Mike?). Keep up the great work and next year, when I start my next season pitching for my over 30 mens league, I might actually be able to go for more then 4 innings before I feel like I died! I'm definately recommending this site to others.

So far, after 1 months, I have not only lost about 8 lbs. but I have upped my running from 1 mile at about 6.5 mph to 2 miles at about 7.5 mph, and my belly is going down! :D
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Woo~hoo banks!!
    Next stop.... washboard stomach!!!! =P

This site is a great motivation.
    I look forward to entering my exercises & foods... that is when I know I'm having a good day =)

I've lost 9 pounds... 2 more to go but this bod needs some toning.. another hurdle for moi.

Anywho... keep up the awesome job banks!!!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Outstanding Banks you are seriously just as much of an inspiration as anyone here.
    We are glad to hear from you and your successes.
  • cmlock
    cmlock Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Totally agree 'banks'. This site seems to be a great way to stay on track. Logging in my food and exercise everyday is like having to answer to someone, and makes me think a little bit more before I put something in my mouth!
    I have been on for less than a week, but it has already suprised me where all those hidden calories are. Supposed to reach my goal Nov 21...we'll seeeeeee......
This discussion has been closed.