Weight Loss and health concerns

Options
I've lost 33 pounds since April. My blood pressure and cholesterol are now well below "normal" My fasting finger stick blood glucose readings are in the 80s and 90s. I am doing what I'm supposed to in order to be healthy: eating right and exercising. BUT, today I go into the hospital for a biopsy on my right breast. Two spots were identified on a recent MRI. Both my twin sister and my mother (deceased at 88) have had breast cancer. I am hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst. I am trying to believe that losing weight has helped the medical professionals to identify the "spots" sooner since there is less fat. If you read this, please say a little prayer for me today. I will deal with whatever they find, and it is early, and the "spots" are relatively small and were not detected on a recent mammogram, just on the MRI. So that is in my favor.

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You will be in my thoughts. Hopefully, the spots turn out to be nothing. Good luck!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    janet, we will all keep you in our thoughs and prayers..........Let us know how things go, LLoyd
  • CrazyCatLadee2
    CrazyCatLadee2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything turns out okay.
  • rosef17
    rosef17 Posts: 89
    Options
    You are in my thoughts and prayers!
  • beth2411
    beth2411 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We are thinking of you and pray for the best. :flowerforyou:
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Your in our thoughts and prayers! Keep your chin up and lets hope for the best!
  • ailysp
    ailysp Posts: 69
    Options
    Janet,

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers today. I hope that everything turns out well for you, :flowerforyou:
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi Cousin Janet,

You've got all my thoughts, prayers, and all my psychic energy winging its way to Texas.

Keep us updated. We are pulling for you!

With deep affection,
    Cousin Lain
  • janet6567
    janet6567 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    To all of you wonderful folks who sent good thoughts and prayers my way: I got the pathology results today. All five samples taken in the biopsy were benign. I am so relieved and thankful.
    Again, thank all of you for your support!
    janet