Went from 169 to 185 in 2 1/2 months :(

Options
That's just so much weight to put on in such a little amount of time. I guess that's what eating a lot of unhealthy foods and eating over your macros does to you. I was trying to get down to 140 ended up getting up to 185.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    Yes, in July of 2012 I was 171 and I too wanted to go towards 150, but today I am at 199...:(

My problem has always been sticking to a routine. I do good for sometime and then I let myself loose. Not sure why I do that or what happens to me when I quit and quit it really badly...:( I do not have any determination and have lot of mindless eating..:(
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That's happened to me before. The winter before last I put on 15 lbs 4 months. I was shocked when I saw myself in photos. Consistency is imperative to success.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Yep.

Good news is that part of that is going to be water weight.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    The key, of course, is to not let loose. Accept--and even try to embrace--that this will require a lifelong commitment. Try to make it fun over the long term.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    That's just so much weight to put on in such a little amount of time. I guess that's what eating a lot of unhealthy foods and eating over your macros does to you.

its actually what eating over your maintenance calories does to you... you can eat 'unhealthy' food in moderation and stay under your calorie goal and lose weight.
  • MyBodyIsMyTemple14
    Options
    Yes, in July of 2012 I was 171 and I too wanted to go towards 150, but today I am at 199...:(

My problem has always been sticking to a routine. I do good for sometime and then I let myself loose. Not sure why I do that or what happens to me when I quit and quit it really badly...:( I do not have any determination and have lot of mindless eating..:(

It sucks :( But I refuse to go out of the hundreds. I went to 207 when I was pregnant. So this is A HUGE reality check for me. But then again, when I was 169 I noticed the weight creeping up the whole time. Each time I'd check my weight it'd be like 174, 179, 183, 185. So it's my own fault. :/
    But we can do this :D I know it's depressing though. But we'll get to our goals. It'll take some determination though. And my problem isn't working out.. it's staying within my calorie range. I just love chocolate and freezer foods are so easy. :/
  • gert1985
    gert1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was 169 in December and was 184 in March. I know for me it was because I just quit paying attention to what I was doing and quit caring. I am down 6 pounds (no bread, pasta or junk of any kind) so hopefully I can keep this up.
    For me, eating better is a win/win. I lose weight and also don't get as many migraines, so you'd think it'd be a no-brainer.
  • MyBodyIsMyTemple14
    Options
    That's just so much weight to put on in such a little amount of time. I guess that's what eating a lot of unhealthy foods and eating over your macros does to you.

its actually what eating over your maintenance calories does to you... you can eat 'unhealthy' food in moderation and stay under your calorie goal and lose weight.

I know. I meant to say that those unhealthy foods have A LOT more calories usually and that I would be able to eat more if I ate more veges and fruits instead of frozen chicken nuggets and things like that. That way I wouldn't go over my macros as much because I'd be more full on those healthy, lower calorie foods.
  • MyBodyIsMyTemple14
    Options
    Yes, I was 169 in December and was 184 in March. I know for me it was because I just quit paying attention to what I was doing and quit caring. I am down 6 pounds (no bread, pasta or junk of any kind) so hopefully I can keep this up.
    For me, eating better is a win/win. I lose weight and also don't get as many migraines, so you'd think it'd be a no-brainer.

Congratulations :) You're on the right path. And Yes, I feel SO much better when I eat healthy. I notice a difference within just a couple days of eating healthy. My body is just so energized. But like my name says "My body is my temple." Just have to treat it nice and it'll be beautiful :)
  • MyBodyIsMyTemple14
    Options
    Yep.

Good news is that part of that is going to be water weight.

Hopefully a big part. Yet I'm always dehydrated. I drink a ton of water. I blame it on my boyfriend putting the heater on 80 at night -_-. Lol.
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Do you measure your food? Portion sizing is key.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    That scales a sucker!!

Just get back to logging, eating healthy & doing your workouts... Will soon come off!
  • media2law
    media2law Posts: 13
    Options
    I was 20 pounds from goal on Halloween and now I am 70 pounds from goal. I heard someone say " it's not what you are eating but what's eating you that causes weight gain." I was working a tremendous amount of hours in a job that I did not love and self-medicating with food that I had not craved for more than a year - bad stuff: fast food, candy, unhealthy snacks.

I still can't believe I am almost out of "one-derland" after working my way back to fitness.

Coming clean is the first step; recaliming your good habits is tne next. Clean eating and daily exercise are my goals and not a number on a scale or a pants size.

My advice: just forgive yourself and move on. We can do this!
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Yep,.. not as much but last summer i was 175,.. crept up to 185,... started working out... got it down to 181 a couple of months ago,.. than last month 189.....No More...

Back to 176-178 (depending on the day of the week)
  • tomorrowstrength
    Options
    I'm here! Got down to 167 late last year, just weighed myself and its 182! It's all about the food as I have still been at the gym, but eating anything and everything...

focus focus focus - I hope you find what works for you!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Happens for one main reason..........................complacency.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • suegirl6
    suegirl6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well, and let my good habits slip too. I started working a 2nd job and haven't exercised since. Its been 2 months! I feel awful. So sluggish and tired. The good thing is we realized we were going the wrong way. BACK TO FOCUS :)
  • medaud10
    medaud10 Posts: 20
    Options
    Last year I went from 147 to 167. I was working out 5 mornings a week but got lax on what foods I was eating. I have recently cut out all soft drinks including diet drinks and iced tea. I have removed breads and junk food from my diet. My arthritis (61 yrs old) has gotten worse again over the past year and in just the short amount of time I changed my diet, the pain has improved. I find that over the years and decades, different things work for me and at other times it doesn't work. But over all consistency and not lying to myself by saying I am working it off so I can eat it has worked the best. Moving in the evening by getting outside and working in the lawn or garden, taking a walk even though I went to the gym in the morning, or working on some kind of project instead of sitting and watching TV or getting on the computer helps. Keep at it and remember success breeds motivation!! Little successes will encourage you to make bigger successes.
  • Tashauna1982
    Options
    You are absolutely right my dear. Stress is a HUGE contributor to weight gain! When we are stressed, worried and overworked our body naturally produces a stress hormone called CORTISOL and it causes insulin resistance and most notably - belly fat.

I found the best thing for me was to incorporate yoga into my routine. While its not only great exercise and tones your muscles and increases flexibility but it also calms your nervous system down. The benefit of this is we not only approach stress better but it shifts how our body responds as well.
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Back in July of 2012 I lost nearly 30 pounds using MFP. I gained it all back! My life changed. I started working and going back to college. I let all of this become excuses. I'm no longer accepting excuses from myself. I will lose that weight again and more.. And keep it off!!!!