Toning up

Options
Moms out there...(or anyone with stretch marks ;) I am working on toning up! HOW in the world do I train my abs?? My new workout regime is going to consist of aerobics every other day and in between I am going to do weight training. I have so many stretch marks and I am wondering if my stomach will ever be tight or if there will still be that loose skin since I have so many stretch marks. I am not really looking to loose any more weight since I've met my goal, but the toning up is driving me nuts! Any helpful advice on tummies? I have heard from so many people that once you have those stretch marks, your tummy doesn't get tight again. I'm looking to prove them wrong....

Replies

• aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I do some kind of ab exercise everyday. my list that I can remember right now:
    crunches
    ball crunches
    reverse sit ups
    back extensions
    bar bell shrugs 10lb
    leg lifts
    reverse leg lifts
    sitting sweeps 10lb weight
    any kind of ab machine

Have fun!
  • ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    Options
    I had a child six years ago and didn't tone up. I am still living with the after effects of baby. I think it is amazing that you want to tone up and get in shape. Your work outs sound like exactly what is needed. Have you tried Bio oil for the stretch marks? It is affordable. As for me I admire those that are diligent and strong and able to get into shape. I have instead (and this is me, not you or others) have decided to focus only on health and wellness aspects of losing weight. I became too obsessed with the tone of my thighs ect. Now I just don't want diabetis or high cholesterol ect. I admire you for your pursuit of looking good and feeling good!:wink:
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    your skin and stretch marks and everything wont be fully done healing for 3 years. try loofa and skin scrubs and such.. anything to promote the skin shedding the top layer..

kinda why they dont reccomend tummy tucks and such untill after a two year wait period at least because the body is constantly healing... so keep your water up. keep it lotioned, and keep working out...

source- anatomy and physiology last two semesters.
  • Cheilsea
    Cheilsea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    your skin and stretch marks and everything wont be fully done healing for 3 years. try loofa and skin scrubs and such.. anything to promote the skin shedding the top layer..

kinda why they dont reccomend tummy tucks and such untill after a two year wait period at least because the body is constantly healing... so keep your water up. keep it lotioned, and keep working out...

source- anatomy and physiology last two semesters.

I don't have a child or a good answer except to keep changing your ab routine from day to day. It will challenge your muscles. I quoted this guy because it just made me smile and laugh to myself because it is a guy answering this question and he knows what he's talking about. I agree with him :)