I threw up after eating some Sweet-n-salty Chex Mix :(

Options
I ate some very very very late last night after my workout (I wasn't even counting how many, I made the mistake of eating those instead of actual food).

But I was wondering, since they have all the salt and sugar in it, was the vomiting my body's way of telling me that it doesn't like that stuff? I usually eat pretty clean, so I initially thought that may have been the reason this happened. Or do you think it had to do with something else?

This may be a pretty simple question, but I just want to double check. I'm want to grow and learn as I continue this lifestyle.

***BTW I don't want to even look at some Chex Mix ever again ugh.***

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I think it's far more likely that something else was at play than it is that your body is suddenly so weak it can't handle some sugar and salt.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    :huh: :sick:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I think it's far more likely that something else was at play than it is that your body is suddenly so weak it can't handle some sugar and salt.

This.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Um. It's probably because of a bug you're fighting, food poisoning or maybe even an unknown pregnancy.

I threw up a farro salad with tomatoes and asparagus once. Was my body telling me that healthy grains, fruits and vegetables are bad?

No, I got food poisoning because my aunt made the salad, and she's capable of making anyone throw up with whatever she makes.

Probably a coincidence. Or your hands weren't as clean as you thought when you ate that Chex Mix...
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Salt is sometimes used as an emetic. I, a million years ago, well it feels like it, I managed to make myself sick by eating a tomato dunked in what I thought was a little salt. Different foods but similar results especially if you are not used to it.

You will feel better soon.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Did you digest it first? If not, you can probably subtract most of the calories, but the sodium you should go ahead and log. .
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

but what about the toxinz?
  • DavPul
    Options
    Did you digest it first? If not, you can probably subtract most of the calories, but the sodium you should go ahead and log. .

ummmmmm......NO
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Wut
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Maybe she should weigh her Poo as well!
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    First: The chex mix is 'actual' food.

Second: Sometimes a body just rejects food for any number of reasons. It's possible that your body doesn't like food after a workout. I get nauseous feeling if I eat too soon after lifting but I can scarf food down immediately after cardio. Why? Don't know and don't particularly care because it's not causing any health issues.

Third: You're over thinking the reaction your body had. Unless this continues with other foods long after your workout, then don't give it another thought.
  • nappsmcgee
    nappsmcgee Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Second: Sometimes a body just rejects food for any number of reasons. It's possible that your body doesn't like food after a workout. I get nauseous feeling if I eat too soon after lifting but I can scarf food down immediately after cardio. Why? Don't know and don't particularly care because it's not causing any health issues.

Third: You're over thinking the reaction your body had. Unless this continues with other foods long after your workout, then don't give it another thought.

Interesting. Thanks for all the help everyone. Really hope it isn't pregnancy...
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Even at my highest weight and at the highest point of cramming junk food, I have never been able to handle Chex Mix. I don't know if its greasy or if its the spices, but it never sat well with me, so I always avoid it.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Options

ummmmmm......NO

Here, I got you a new one.

sarcasm-detector-o-s_zpsc046b38b.gif
  • DavPul
    Options

Interesting. Thanks for all the help everyone. Really hope it isn't pregnancy...

gTvmUnj.jpg
  • DavPul
    Options

ummmmmm......NO

did i get got? DAMMIT

NEVER AGAIN *shakes fist at sky*
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Maybe she should weigh her Poo as well!

Good idea!. .I just hope she makes a thread and posts her results. . it will be quite fascinating to be sure. .
  • Galatea_Stone
    Options

ummmmmm......NO

did i get got? DAMMIT

NEVER AGAIN *shakes fist at sky*

LOL!
  • One_Last_Time
    Options
    Had to be something else. Stomach bug maybe. I could see if you were raw vegan then one day eat a burger it making you throw up. Not this though.
  • nappsmcgee
    nappsmcgee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ya'll have no chill.