If your pregnant do you count as a mother on mother's day?

Options

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    <---- pregnant and still will be on Mother's Day. I do not expect to celebrate it or get anything for it. It is definitely a personal thing.
    Based on the other responses, I am clearly in the minority.

What about Father's Day? I will also be pregnant then.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    My mom got me a card on my pregnant Mother's Day.

She said she was too excited about getting to celebrate it with me to have to wait another year.

My mom is the best!! :smooched:
  • ribbismom
    ribbismom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You count as a mother from the moment you start to care for your child. In my book, that includes while you are pregnant if that's the way you happen to have a child come into your life.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    No. My first mother's day was after my son was born. Seems silly to celebrate it when you're pregnant. You haven't experienced being a mom yet.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I would say yes. To me, you are a mother once you have that baby in your belly!
  • nsmomof3boys
    nsmomof3boys Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!!:flowerforyou:
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    100%

I look at it this way -- I knew I had a child on the way. I would have been devastated had I lost that child.

Had that happened I would have forever felt like "I lost a child." Therefore, I was his mother long before he was born.

My husband felt the same way and gave me a card that was designed for Expectant Mothers on Mother's Day. It was a "you're going to be a wonderful mother" sentiment. I loved it.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i think that regardless of how you personally feel about it, it is far better to treat her as if she is, than if she isn't. Because, really, it doesn't matter what you think on this topic, only what she does. And when it comes down to it, how important is it that you are right?
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    To the women: Yes. You totally deserve to celebrate.

To the men: It's a trap. Celebrate any occasion she wants to celebrate. Even if it's your six month-iversary of something you can't remember. If she's preggers by your man seed, then definitely show her you care. And after the baby comes and he/she is too little to make a card... that's on you, too.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    My husband even bought me cards from the little buns in the oven on Mothers Day.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bogo_baby
    bogo_baby Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Right or wrong... I did... and I would again :-p

ETA: PRESENTS!!!!
  • smjoers
    smjoers Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes!!
  • monkeywizard
    monkeywizard Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Do the dads get to celebrate Father's day if their wife is pregnant?

I know I got my wife something when she was preggers for Mother's day.. I think my wife got me something for Father's day too!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I was going to say no, but after reading some of these rationalizations, I'm going to change my mind. You are definitely a Mother, but don't expect a Mother's Day card or Breakfast in bed from your child.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If you ever want a chance of knocking her up again I would get her a card and make some breakfast in bed...

Here's a hint. Make bacon and eat some for yourself before serving. Everyone wins that way
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Do the dads get to celebrate Father's day if their wife is pregnant?

I know I got my wife something when she was preggers for Mother's day.. I think my wife got me something for Father's day too!

Depends on how your visit to Maury Povich turns out.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    No not technically though you should be caring for yourself well. :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Of course. It's a sweet thing to do.
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have never experienced this, but I've known several women who had miscarriages. The pain they felt from their losses said they were already mothers.

I think expectant fathers count as fathers on Father's Day, too!