Sauces & Dressings

Options
sunnyhlw77
sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
I'm looking for a Thai Peanut dressing recipe or sauce that is low cal and fat preferrably. I want to re-create a Thai wrap I had in California at a restaurant that isn't up here in Canada. Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you used a bit of PB2 powder, some soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, a touch of sesame oil, garlic powder, ginger powder and a bit of crushed red pepper whisked together, if that would do it? You might want to add a little honey, too...
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a Thai Peanut dressing recipe or sauce that is low cal and fat preferrably. I want to re-create a Thai wrap I had in California at a restaurant that isn't up here in Canada. Thanks! :smile:

Pfft to low cal and fat things, go for the real thing

http://www.templeofthai.com/recipes/pok-pok-peanut-sauce
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,660 Member
    Options
    I usually mix peanut butter, hoisin, soy sauce and chilli paste.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    awesome! Thanks for the ideas! :) Now I can make my knock-off Earl of Sandwich Thai Wrap! :smile:
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

Classic! right on qeue every single time to shootdown low cal substitutions.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you used a bit of PB2 powder, some soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, a touch of sesame oil, garlic powder, ginger powder and a bit of crushed red pepper whisked together, if that would do it? You might want to add a little honey, too...

My husband does this but with regular peanut butter and a bit of fish sauce from the Asian market. It is fantastic.

OP, I think you could play with all of the above ingredients and come up with something tasty...can't really go wrong if you're cautious with amounts of the hotter stuff.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options

Classic! right on qeue every single time to shootdown low cal substitutions.

I thought everyone had the time, inclination, energy and goals to workout 4 hours a day. Pfft, a bucket of coconut cream with islands of peanut brittle fit into my diet easily.

I use chillies, lime juice,whole peanut butter and a little reduced fat coconut milk. Or I have some toasted peanuts and separately whisk up ginger, chillies, lime juice and thai fish sauce. I put the peanuts in the lettuce/rice paper wraps with the other food and dip in the sauce.
  • raggiemom
    raggiemom Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    OP, I think you could play with all of the above ingredients and come up with something tasty...can't really go wrong if you're cautious with amounts of the hotter stuff.

Aw man, don't be a wussy :tongue: