P90X success stories and tips!

Options
I just committed to start P90X on Saturday, I am 46 in semi decent shape and hoping I don't die. I would love to hear some success stories and how much weight you lost or muscle gained. What was the most difficult part for you and any tips you can pass on.

Thanks in advance for any input. :)

Replies

• golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Record your results on the workout sheets. At the next workout push yourself for 1 more rep or more weight. Go for heavy weight and less reps, unless he tells you the rep number.

Take pictures, take measurements, make yourself do it every day. Including the YOGA.

I do a p90x insanity hybrid. Crazy but p90x is slow compared to insanity. You will be sore, life will be hard, do the video in the morning or at night, but keep pushiing play.

Before long you will learn all of Tony's one liners. Good luck, add me if you wish
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Record your results on the workout sheets. At the next workout push yourself for 1 more rep or more weight. Go for heavy weight and less reps, unless he tells you the rep number.

Take pictures, take measurements, make yourself do it every day. Including the YOGA.

I do a p90x insanity hybrid. Crazy but p90x is slow compared to insanity. You will be sore, life will be hard, do the video in the morning or at night, but keep pushiing play.

Before long you will learn all of Tony's one liners. Good luck, add me if you wish

This pretty much covers it.

The nutrition program was clunky for me. Just use MFP and get the protein and carbs you need to fuel your workouts.

I also prefer weights over bands if possible. I did use bands only when I traveled and there weren't free weights available. Try to do the real-deal pull-up. As many as you can then fall back to the chair or assist band.

P90X is a good comprehensive model that can be applied at the gym too. I often revisit the programs and it's still as hard as I remember. Push yourself to improve each time and you will see awesome results.

I lost over 70lbs doing the beachbody series (P90X, P90X2, Insanity, and just finished P90X3). The workouts made me stronger, flexible, and more agile. MFP helped me break past the last 30lbs, but P90X was the catalyst for my success.

The hardest part was sticking with it. Connect with folks on MFP to keep you motivated. It helps.

Good luck and have fun :smile:
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. ...I am a little intimidated by it but I hate wasting time so I know I will go full force, I think my biggest obstacle is going to be the food....I have food allergies to dairy and soy and I am also gluten intolerant. That's a lot of subs and I can't use the beach body products becsuse they usually have one of those items in them, but I am smart. ..I'll figure it out. ..lol
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Use MFP for your nutrition and food accountability. Use P90X for exercise. You'll do fine.