Overnight Weight Gain???

Options
I am very confused as to how it is possible to put on 9 pounds in less then 2 days. this Saturday I did binge eat. I had a fattening breakfast,( eggs, bacon, and biscuts w/Gravy) Arbys for lunch (French Dip and Small Fry), and Pizza Hut for dinner ( 2 Thin Crust Pepporoni Slices), and alot of wine. on Sunday I had 2 servings of Speggetti, and 1 piece of leftover pizza. I woke up on Sunday weighing 9 pounds heavier so I drank alot of water thinking it may have been water weight. Today I am still 9 pounds heavier and I can not understand why. Does anyone have any ideas or had a similair problem? What can I do to fix this. I havent eatten this way in months and I can't believe one screw up set me back :(

Replies

• kenncas
    Options
    is it not to do with bein the time of the month or anything? :/ thats strange u shudnt put on 9pound with jus that! xxx
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Even with all that food, you couldn't have really gained 9lbs (That's 31,500 calories plus your regular daily deficit). Water weight won't disappear overnight - you're probably still dealing with a major excess of sodium with all of the pizza, arbies, etc. Keep drinking lots of water - get back to healthy eating and exercise and keep it up. That's all you can really do at this point - the pounds will come off eventually.
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Holy Sodium, Batman! I would agree with accountant_boi and say it's water retention due to excess sodium. Drink a lot of water and get back in the groove.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am truly not trying to be silly or anything.
    Have you checked to see if the batteries are still good?
    Is there anything around the scale that can affect the scale itself (something underneath it?).

Just wondering?
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Yeah. All that wine and water plus the sodium caused this. Bacon, pizza, and pretty much everything you ate is full of fat and sodium. So, I believe you're having some water retention right now.
  • modify24
    Options
    First thing I did was check the scale and sadly it was correct :(
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Well, the best thing to do is just stick with the program, and make sure you stay focused at least six days out of the week. Maybe you should have a splurge day or something.