Soy milk powder...

Options
froeschli
froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
Ok, call me cheap, but I just read the label at bulk barn and it says 100g o soy milk powder contains 53g of protein. At 29cents that is not too bad....
So I bought some, mixed a tbsp into my milk for cereal. And it actually wasn't too awful. Now I'd have to measure it properly, bu I'd guess it added about 5g of protein to the milk.
So I was wondering, can you think of any reason not to use it as a way to up my protein intake? Yeah, it's not as tastey or potent as a protein shake, but if I am just looking to add a few grams here and there, I don't see a problem...
Mind, tuna still tastes better, it just doesn't go with cereal....

Replies

• cpdiminish
    Options
    I'm always going to answer on the side of avoiding dangers, possible or known, when it comes to food, never willing to trust that big business is going to put my health before their profits.

Unfermented soy is an endocrine disruptor - throws your hormones out of whack. Too much of it and women end up with problems such as uterine fibroids and men can grow breast tissue, just to name some of many, many concerns.

Also, most of the soy grown in the United States is genetically modified so that more pesticides can be used in the growing process. That means more chemical toxins in the end product.

I try to avoid soy in all of my food for these reasons, but if it were fermented soy (the way the Japanese consume soy) and were organic, I'd be less stringent.

When I buy protein powder, I pay top dollar for organic products, and will choose whey over soy protein.

But do your own research. Thankfully the internet puts all sorts of information at our finger tips and you can choose which source you choose to trust.