Advice and Tips

Options
HI everyone, new member here. My name is Shontisha and my goal is to lose at least 50lbs. I have been struggling with my weight for the last twelve years. My problem area is my stomach. I'm on 5'1" so the majority of all my pants makes that crease in my stomach. My problem is the way I eat. I love fried foods, I recently just started eating sweets and my downfall is laffy taffys. I live in St. Louis, Mo so if there's anyone here from St. Louis I would love to link up for the extra support. I work in a doctor's office so the majority of the time I'm usually sitting down. I always have it in my mind to exercise or work or do something when I get home and once I get home I'm always so unmotivated. Do you all have any suggestions?

Thank you

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yup...

Set a reasonable weekly weight loss goal of 1lb a week and set your activity level..your real one. Even if you have a desk job I suspect you don't sit all day long. I have a desk job and chose lightly active as I hardly sit at home.

Don't restrict your food...eat what you love/want/like but stay in your deficet. If that means smaller portions do that.

Exercise if you want...choose something you love. If you do exercise, log it and eat back 50-75% of those calories.

Buy a food scale to weigh your solids and measure liquids for accuracy and this prevents frustration from not losing when you are "eye balling portions"

Log everything, don't lie to yourself...if you bite it write it...and choose correct entries.

Remember weight loss is not linear and you won't always lose 1lb a week...sometimes it's 1/2lb, sometimes none...sometimes 3-4...

If you start a new exercise remember you will retain water and glycogen in your muscle to help heal them...don't freak if you gain a few pounds...it will go away in 2-4 weeks as the water leaves.

Be patient, be persistent and you will lose the weight.