Soft Serve Ice Cream

Options
2»

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Of course it's all dependent on the size, but even a medium chocolate soft serve cone from Dairy Queen is only 240 calories. Not sure your number is right.

According to the Dairy Queen website, a medium chocolate cone has 340 calories. I'm not sure YOUR number is right!
  • freedom403
    freedom403 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oh Yes. Blue Bunny. LOL
  • freedom403
    freedom403 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    this
    but I want chocolate :tongue:

ETA: I have a chocolate ice cream sandwich every every day! :happy:

Low calorie one?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    one serving of talenti gelato is 220 calories…

or you can still have the soft serve every once in a while and just plan your day around it….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I've found that Mr. Softee soft serve ice cream isn't actually too bad. It's about 170 calories... then again, it's all chemicals.

lol ..ummmm everything is "all chemicals"
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Frozen Yogurt is my go to ice desert...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't "have" to be soft serve, Edy's slow churned is pretty low calorie. I have the peanut butter cup here at work, and it's 130 calories of deliciousness. Even some of the store brand lighter versions are good, you just have to shop around and try different things, but that's of course regular ice cream and not soft serve. Also, if you'd like some ideas, go here. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1248684-30-day-gelato-ice-cream-cleanse-diet
  • jramaral
    jramaral Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like to mix a low fat cottage cheese in a blender with a frozen banana and a scoop or 2 of protein powder of your choice. Tastes good and calories you can be happy with. The cottage cheese gives it a creamy consistency with just enough salt, not too much. Banana gives it a sweet flavor.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I love soft serve. Last summer I had 2 treats planned into my day that were about equal calories, one of which was a soft serve cone. If we didn't have it, I would have the other one. (planned to have one, not both!!)
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Probably not what you'd expect, but in the summer I adore Decadent Chocolate Milkshake made by Trutein protein powder. Mix a scoop with 5oz of milk & ice cubes, add 2 T of Hershey cocoa, & a li'l bit of sweetener (doesn't take much). Whiz it up loudly in your processor (I use a Vitamix), & its just mouth watering scrumptious. :heart:

Very refreshing, delicious, and guilt-free.

(eta: it will give you that brain freeze we all luv, lol)
  • meeshboss
    meeshboss Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Chop up a ripe banana (maybe a banana and a half depending on how much you want) and then freeze it in a sealed container.

Put frozen chopped up banana in blender.

Add a spoonful of peanut-butter or almond-butter

Add 1 tbs cocoa powder or a scoop of chocolate protein powder

Add a splash of milk or almond milk (not too much!)

Blend until smooth! It tastes and feels a lot like soft served ice-cream. It's my favorite!!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I like to mix a low fat cottage cheese in a blender with a frozen banana and a scoop or 2 of protein powder of your choice. Tastes good and calories you can be happy with. The cottage cheese gives it a creamy consistency with just enough salt, not too much. Banana gives it a sweet flavor.

sorry, but I am going with a no on this one as an ice cream substitute...
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I heard frozen yogurt is good. Personally me, I like the soft serve cone from Mickey D's.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Looking in the database at the frozen banana "ice cream" entries, they seem to have more calories than actual ice cream. *shrugs*
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Looking in the database at the frozen banana "ice cream" entries, they seem to have more calories than actual ice cream. *shrugs*

right? I don't know why we can't just eat the ice cream and enjoy it...
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    this
    but I want chocolate :tongue:

ETA: I have a chocolate ice cream sandwich every every day! :happy:

Low calorie one?

170 calories and I plan for them. I have my chocolate AND ice cream every day. now my ticker doesn't show any weight loss yet but I've been maintaining for a couple of months and lifting. starting this week I've put in a small deficit so my ticker should start moving
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I am just about to make Malteser Ice Cream Balls for a dinner party tonight. Mmmmmm
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I am just about to make Malteser Ice Cream Balls for a dinner party tonight. Mmmmmm

yummyyyyyyy
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    soft serve ice cream is so tasty and seasonal. If you want a cold treat at an ice cream stand, but don't care so much about the calories, a Popsicle is often available. I have also paid for the smallest cone they have and requested 1/2 the serving. They will ALWAYS accommodate that. :laugh: