Whatsoever !!! I aint losing any weight.....

simply_healthy
simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey All,

I have been following a good diet and exercise regime but since past 2 weeks havent seen any weight loss or inch loss !!! I began my weight loss journey on 28th July 2010. I managed to lose around 10 kgs till 4th Oct 2010... but no further progress.....Have I hit the plateau so sooooooon ?????

1) I have been following a good diet routine.. Eating enough calories....Eat my exercise calories too... Good intake of proteins...Lots of water... etc...

2) I do cardio as well as strength training every week.

3) I also take flax seed oil and vitamins

4) I am not starving my body... Infact, I feel full almost all the time... I hardly have any cravings or hunger attacks...

Suggestions ??? Ideas ??? Help ????

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Some people don't lose every week. A plateau is 6 weeks of no gain or loss.

Maybe double check that you're accurately weighing and measuring your food.
  • how is your sodium intake?
    fat grams?

when following mfp i wasn't paying enough attention to my fat grams. i now switched to weight watchers, which is easier for me (not for everyone) & began losing weight quickly.

this plan works for a lot of people...just make sure you are tracking everything & not just calories. :flowerforyou:
  • make sure you are adjusting your diet and exercise accordingly. just because the current diet and exercise routine you started with worked well doesnt mean you won't ever need to change it. your body gets used to the routine so you need to throw it a curve ball and add a little extra to your workout/exercise as well as maybe cutting your calorie/carb/sugar count
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    if this is your first stoppage in loss then good on you that is about 12 weeks. Check everything, if it all checks out then ride it out. Your body may just need to catch up to all your good work. Most importantly don't sweat it.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    I agree with rml, if you're near your goal (within 15 lbs or 7 kg in your case) then you won't see significant loss every week. Because of hydration levels, when you're close you may even see small gains week over week, what you really need to do is just stay steady with the program, and look at a larger snapshot, look for trends, and adjust by small amounts. I.E. if you see 4 to 6 weeks with no downward trend, and you're sure that you're doing everything right, evaluate what you're trying to do, and possibly re-examine your goals to make sure you're not over-reaching.
  • simply_healthy
    Hey All,

Thanks for the replies...Really glad to have all this support...

1) I just checked my sodium and saturated fat reports... They are pretty much in control.

2) I am no where close to my final goal... I currently weigh around 105 kgs and my final goal would be 70 kgs.. but I decided to have intermediate milestones/goals to keep me motivated... so my first milestone goal is around 99 kgs... which marks the lose of around 15 kgs....so far I have only lost 10 kgs... and now I am kinda stuck :(

3) My daily calorie goal is around 1240... and extra exercise calories get added to it..

Do you think I should change my exercise routine ??? May be my body has got used to it... or Is it a good idea to cut down around 200 calories from my daily goal ?? or should I just wait for a week or two before making any changes ???
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I think its always a good idea to switch things around. Have you had a cheat day in those 12 weeks? If not, why not? :laugh:

I think your body gets used to any routine you give it, so you wont do any harm by having a cheat day or two, exercising less, changing your routine, even changing what you eat.

But more than anything, please dont worry about a 2 week stick, it's nothing to worry about in the scheme of things.

All the best :flowerforyou:

Oh! Is it your TOM? Or ovulating? Both those events make my scales stick or gain! :noway:
  • simply_healthy
    My TOM is around 16th-18th of each month.... Its almost a week away.....

Hmmm.. I guess I will cut down on few calories and may be try to vary my exercise routine.
  • rml_16

Do you think I should change my exercise routine ??? May be my body has got used to it... or Is it a good idea to cut down around 200 calories from my daily goal ?? or should I just wait for a week or two before making any changes ???

Do you have a heart rate monitor with a chest strap to wear while exercising?

You don't necessarily need to change what you're doing, but as your body gets used to the same exericise, it will burn less calories in the same amount of time unless you increase intensity. Unfortunately, this website won't account for that. A heart rate monitor will.
  • simply_healthy
    Hmmmm !! Good idea !! I wont mind buying one.. Can u plz suggest me a good heart rate monitor plz ?
  • rml_16
    Hmmmm !! Good idea !! I wont mind buying one.. Can u plz suggest me a good heart rate monitor plz ?

I have a Polar F4. If you go with Polar and work out in a gym, get at least an F6. Otherwise, and F4 is fine. It kind of depends on what features you want what HRM you get. A good one, on the low end, is going to be around $100 American.

From what I've read, the Polar brand is the best, but there are others out there.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    other thing to remember is, no matter how much you exercise, diet is going to be what gets you 85 to 90% of the way to your weight loss and body fat % goals.
This discussion has been closed.