Snacking

Options
Hi everyone, I am Carmen today is my first day!! Off to a good a start but I am wondering...I need some ideas for crunchy snacks. I am a grazer so I am having a hard time not having something to snack on all day...uggg this is so hard but so necessary. Thanks in advance =)

Replies

• casonyamc
    Options
    You can try the 100 Calorie Packs, fruit (fresh), yogurt, basically anything that's a snack food, but health at the same time. If you prefer chips, eat the baked ones. I just started last week and I've already lost 9 pounds! I do aerobics two days a week and the gym on Saturday
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I find that if I cut up carrots and celery and cucumbers as soon as I get home from the grocery store I actually eat them. I also don't have any chips, or cookies, or anything in the pantry that I could resort to. I find that having the snacks already cut up is a great way of actually eating them before they go bad, and I feel sooo much better! Hope that helps!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Hi Carmen and welcome to MFP.

I am a snacker too so I understand. Here are some of the things I munch on: Baby carrots, mini bag 100 calorie popcorn, apple, frozen grapes or cucumbers. Sometimes I spread a little Laughing Cow cheese on the cucumbers and that is delicious.

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • carmenrichard
    Options
    Great tips!!! THANKS =)
  • phoenixrising31
    phoenixrising31 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you are like me and love savory chips, my favorites are the 100 calorie Cheetos Asteroids (small bag but they taste just like cheetos) and the Veggie Straws, they are crunchy and taste like french fries to me, you can have 38 straws for 130 calories and they are pretty healthy. Cucumbers are delicious and so are bell pepper slices (especially the red or orange).
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on
    Light popcorn or dill pickles

But I'm trying to be really aware of my sodium intake lately so I've now been choosing apples,frozen grapes and my latest favourite...Snap Peas or Sugar Snap Peas! They are so crunchy and even a little bit sweet and they have hardly any calories at all!
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Shelled Pistachios, they take forever to eat and you can eat 20 for about 100 calories! :)
  • Jenbonn
    Options
    I love hummas!!!!! Add veggies or some thin crisp's.

Today is my first day on here. I have been using the point system for so long, can't wait to try this way.