disappointed in myself :[

Options
I went over my fat intake and I feel horrible about it, usually I'm pretty good at keeping my macros in check but the last few days I find myself going over certain things. (Specially sugar)

Replies

• jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It is one day. Dont beat yourself up.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with fat and cholesterol intake. I have been using tracking to keep those number down because I have high cholesterol. It is really tough sometimes, especially around the holidays. The way I look at it is that there will always be some days when I won't eat perfectly. Also, tracking helps because if I weren't tracking and mindful of this stuff, I'd be still eating like that every day.
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm nervous for the holidays specially Christmas seeing as my family has a feast of fatty foods and cakes etc. :[
    I am finding tracking is putting me on edge but helping me at the same time, really looking at what you eat is pretty hard because you don't think you're eating as much as you actually are.
  • Maqneta
    Options

been 2 days now I think I had my birthday dinner on the 17th and I went over a bit with the ice cream.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, if you go over your fat goal, do you know what's going to happen??!???

Absolutely nothing. That's what's going to happen.

Fat and sugar doesn't make you fat. Too many calories makes you fat.
  • pezall22
    pezall22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A few days won't hurt. You're realizing where you're going wrong, now take the time to fix it. Every one falls off the tracks. But thats what we have MFP for. So people can help ya back on your track. Good luck!
  • Maqneta
    Options
    A few days won't hurt. You're realizing where you're going wrong, now take the time to fix it. Every one falls off the tracks. But thats what we have MFP for. So people can help ya back on your track. Good luck!

thank you
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

been 2 days now I think I had my birthday dinner on the 17th and I went over a bit with the ice cream.
    I think you need to step back and take a look at it all. Mfp is a guide that's it life happens we don't live in some bubble by ourselves. Yes we want to be healthier but we also want to live and enjoy our lives. Unless you have specific medical conditions going over your fat and sugar is really in consequential.take a deep breath and move on. Your over reaction is really an unhealthy way to react so you need to look at the whole picture not one number on 2 days.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I often have 80g fat. Has not done me any harm.
    It is the calories you need to focus on, and making sure you hit your minimum protein and fat goals.
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I had to stop watching my sugar. If I had an apple and strawberries in the same day it would be over lol
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I turned off my macro view in my diary - I may put them back if I plateau or have high cholesterol, blood pressure or based on other medical advice, but honestly I can do without it. Being mindful is one thing, I've definitely upped my protein and cut salt, but I am losing okay without worrying about macros right now. Has your 3-day macro-imbalance affected the scales that you can see? Are you keeping your calories at your goal?