Being overly proud of alcohol tolerance...

Options
2»

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Also, when counting calories high alcohol tolerance is bad too.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    It might be broscience, but I've hear it said that alcohol tolerance correlates with muscle mass.
    If so, it would make sense for high tolerance to be seen as a sign of masculinity...

I used to have crazy high tolerance, but it's been going down lately :ohwell:
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheap drunk and I'm ok with that. Saves me money

^^This. I've always been a light weight, but never had a problem with it. Now that I'm a bit older, and hangovers last a couple days, I usually only have a few and stop before I get drunk.

ETA: I have a couple coworkers that are 28-33 who brag every Monday about how drunk they got on the weekend and who they made out with/went home with. I think it's more sad than anything that they still haven't matured past this.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty high tolerance, not because I'm a big partier (I actually hate bars and always have) but just because I really like beer and drink a lot of it lol. Generally I'll have two or three and not really even feel it, I think the most I've consumed recently was 9 beers in one evening, and I could still carry on a sensible conversation and maintain a bonfire, so wasn't ridiculously drunk or anything. And I'm five foot nothing and like 127 lbs lol. Then again I am Canadian, and in Canada drinking beer is a legitimate hobby, haha.

I do wish my tolerance was a bit lower though, because that's a lot of calories to consume at once and I tend not to pay attention to how many I've had when I have friends over for a bonfire or whatever.

I have a few friends who still do the "party till dawn" thing (and they're all in their mid to late thirties) but I have NO idea how they even stay awake that long, drunk or sober by 1 am my eyes are rolling back in my head and I need to go to sleep lol.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    edit - apparently I can't figure out how to post gifs. :drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I've personally stopped drinking because I have to be the one who takes care of all the drunks I go out with. Might have a beer or 2 once a year, but that's essentially it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition