MFP and bluetooth hrm app for indoor cardio

Options
mogulman1
mogulman1 Posts: 17 Member
Hi,

I've been using fitbit and endomondo with MFP for a while. Just got a Polar H7 bluetooth hrm and tried to use endomondo with it.

This was on an elliptical. Either I'm doing something wrong or Endomondo is not a good app for indoor workouts.

Anyone have a better indoor cardio app for android that works with bluetooth LE and Android. Maybe something that tracks HR zones and syncs with MFP?

Replies

• shipley2480
    shipley2480 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use Runtastic to track all of my workouts. It is compatible with fitbit and MFP, there is a runtastic branded HRM, but I believe it is compatible with the Polar H7. There are 3 levels to the app. Runtastic is free, then there is the Pro version which I believe is 4.99, if you scan the amazon app store you might find a deal. I got mine for free back in march. Then there is the Gold level which gives you web based support with all kinds of metrics, which is like 20/year.
  • mogulman1
    Options
    I use Runtastic to track all of my workouts. It is compatible with fitbit and MFP, there is a runtastic branded HRM, but I believe it is compatible with the Polar H7. There are 3 levels to the app. Runtastic is free, then there is the Pro version which I believe is 4.99, if you scan the amazon app store you might find a deal. I got mine for free back in march. Then there is the Gold level which gives you web based support with all kinds of metrics, which is like 20/year.

I can't really run outdoors due to back surgery. I walk and cycle outside. Walk, Run, Cycle, Elliptical inside.....

Does Runtastic work well for all that stuff? When I look in the app store there are like 5-6 versions of Runtastic for all different sports...
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Digifit (http://www.digifit.com/mobile-apps). And it synchs with MFP.
  • doug_pierce
    doug_pierce Posts: 255
    Options
    Digifit also works well and synchs with MFP. I've used it with a Wahoo Blue HR and IOS, but I understand it also works with H7 and Android.

http://www.digifit.com/what-is-digifit/android.asp
  • mogulman1
    Options
    Digifit looks good for indoor stuff. Do you use it for everything, or only indoor stuff? Just wondering if there is any reason for me to use Endomondo for my outside bike rides.
  • themedalist
    Options
    I use Digifit for everything...indoor and outdoor use. Love the colorful graphs and the integration with MFP. I've logged 623 workouts so far with Digifit.
  • themedalist
    Options
    You might just doublecheck that your Android is compatible with using Digifit with a Polar H7 HRM:

http://blog.digifit.com/2013/12/androids-bluetooth-energy-compatiblity/
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I use Polars own free app Polar Beat with my H7 and Galaxy S4 on Android, It isn't compatible with MFP but it is a brilliant app and combined with the Polar Flow and Polar Personal Trainer web sites it is great for tracking your progress.

For entering calories or exercises on to MFP I just take a note of what I have done on Polar Beat and transfer the data over manually on to MFP