Need to change my foods! BOORED!

Options
Okay, so I meet my macros with my current diet and there are many things I enjoy. But I live in Asia where most of the food I am used to isn't available. So I stick with what I know, like, and is available here. Fact is, I am getting tired of the same foods all the time. I want to keep eating healthy but revamp my recipes.

Does anyone know a good app for healthy recipes (clean eating for the most part) that are quick and easy to use? I'd to have an app if possible so I can use it when I am shopping.

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    You could just google "asian recipes" or foods available in Asia or Asian foods or live dangerously, go to the produce section and pick out something new.
  • wannehunter85
    Options
    Oh trust me I have....lol. I've lived here for 3 years. I honestly just don't enjoy a majority of the new vegetables I have discovered. It was different in China, they actually had some really delish squash, but I haven't found that in Taiwan. But the main thing is I just kind of want to make new things......but a recipe app would be great!
  • Glaziazisaur
    Options
    Hi, I live in Taiwan too :) I love all the food here! It could be that the way you are preparing the foods isn't the way you like them. There is such a huge variety I'm sure you can find something you like.
    Personally I am a vegetarian and I like to try as many new foods as possible, and from different places prepare different ways. As for logging food, I just approximate it to be honest. I look up the food online in Chinese to find the calorie content and then search the database for something similar and hope the macros match up <_<;
  • wannehunter85
    Options
    I can't eat out here too often. Honestly I don't like the way most of it is prepared. I can do the basics like dumplings, shabu shabu, or hot pot on occasion.....well I can hot pot all the time. But other than that, I really just enjoy cooking at home. But I am pretty busy, so i cook the same things pretty much all the time because it is easy, quick, and ingrained in my memory. But i need to find things that are different. I don't eat a lot of pork, maybe the occasional bacon (since I can't get turkey bacon), but other than that I eat most meats. I try to eat a lot of fruit and veg too. I want to learn different ways of cooking healthy food.
  • Glaziazisaur
    Options
    Maybe you can try different spices and food pairings. Where did you grow up? Maybe creating healthy versions of the food you grew up with would be easier.

I like to eat eggs, pasta, breakfast shop foods, steamed bread, salad, apples, oup noodles, rice, bento (but hard to find ones not too salty!), jujube, orange, banana, bell apple, papaya, sandwich, tofu

Stir-fry vegetables with meat strips or tofu strips is a very quick and healthy way to get any variety of vegetable and a bit of protein in. You can change all the veg and protein and all the seasonings so there are endless possibilities :D