Whatsoever !!! I aint losing any weight :(

Options
Hey All,

I have been following a good diet and exercise regime but since past 2 weeks havent seen any weight loss or inch loss !!! I began my weight loss journey on 28th July 2010. I managed to lose around 10 kgs till 4th Oct 2010... but no further progress.....Have I hit the plateau so sooooooon ?????

1) I have been following a good diet routine.. Eating enough calories....Eat my exercise calories too... Good intake of proteins...Lots of water... etc...

2) I do cardio as well as strength training every week.

3) I also take flax seed oil and vitamins

4) I am not starving my body... Infact, I feel full almost all the time... I hardly have any cravings or hunger attacks...

Suggestions ??? Ideas ??? Help ????

Replies

• simply_healthy
    simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    1) I just checked my sodium and saturated fat reports... They are pretty much in control.

2) I am no where close to my final goal... I currently weigh around 105 kgs and my final goal would be 70 kgs.. but I decided to have intermediate milestones/goals to keep me motivated... so my first milestone goal is around 99 kgs... which marks the lose of around 15 kgs....so far I have only lost 10 kgs... and now I am kinda stuck :(

3) My daily calorie goal is around 1240... and extra exercise calories get added to it..

Do you think I should change my exercise routine ??? May be my body has got used to it... or Is it a good idea to cut down around 200 calories from my daily goal ?? or should I just wait for a week or two before making any changes ???
  • ashbridge
    Options
    I would say try changing your exercise routine up. Do something different and see if that helps.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    How do you calculate your exercise calories? If you use a HRM with a chest strap and your settings are correct, then that should be reasonably accurate. If you are using any other method -- readouts from a machine at the gym, online databases such as MFP has -- then it's possible you aren't burning as many calories as they are claiming.

Then again, it could just bet that time of the month...:laugh: I always retain water when I ovulate and then again during actual menses.

Also, if you just started strength training, that's going to make you retain water too.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I notice that you didn't put in the weekend food journal. Are you sabbatoging yourself on weekends? Also what are you actually doing for exercise?
  • simply_healthy
    simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well !! I dont have HRM yet.. I bank on the readings from the machines...I guess its time to invest in HRM....
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Well !! I dont have HRM yet.. I bank on the readings from the machines...I guess its time to invest in HRM....

That is a great idea! MFP and a lot of exercise machines grossly over estimate the amount of calories you're burning.
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    Options
    Multiply your daily calories by 7 and get a weekly amount. Then vary your calorie intake every few days so that on some days you are under your goal and others you are over but at the end of the week, you are on target. This sometimes kicks people off a plateau. Whatever you do, DON'T GIVE UP.
  • Allie_Dreams
    Options
    Have you tried changing it up a little bit, and NOT eating your exercise calories? Maybe by you eating your exercise calories you are maintaining. Trying staying at your calorie goal prior to exercise.....if you do go over try not to use your entire exercise allotment of calories. I could be wrong but when I was eating all of my calories including the exercise calories all I did was maintain and not lose ANYTHING at all, all I did was maintain. Try it for a week, it might be just that. Best of luck, hun.
  • TomsMR2
    Options
    Your caloric goal is under what your body needs to sustain your weight.. just by the numbers alone, your current weight is unsustainable and you're bound to start shedding pounds!

I bet in two weeks as your body adjusts (assuming you stay on track with the diet!) you'll just pour pounds off. Plus gaining muscle mass is excellent for you, but doesnt show much good on the scales. Are your clothes getting looser?
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Comment 1: I have found a top-of-the-line treadmill at my gym is approximately 60 calories over on a 30 min run compared to what my HRM tracks. Also, MFP's online tools for the same exercise are around 100 calories over for the same thing. Get a HRM if you want to accurately track exercise calories.

Comment 2: DO NOT REDUCE YOUR CALORIES!!!!! Less than 1200 puts the body in starvation mode where it will store everything it can. If you are really at 1240 for your daily goal, you MUST eat your daily calories + exercise calories.

Comment 3: Your diet looks fantastic, don't change it.

Comment 4: As mentioned already, change up your exercise routine. I maybe repeat the same routine every other workout session, or even every other week. For example, if I run no incline on treadmill at 5.0 mph(8 km/h) 4 times per week, then after a couple of weeks I am going to burn less and less calories because my body will get used to it. Therefore, throw in hills, sprints, intervals, etc. Same goes with any other exercise. Working those abs? Toning those glutes? Switch up the exercises a little. You can still focus on whatever you want, but perform different exercises to meet the same goal.

Good luck and don't get discouraged!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options

Definately get a HRM. Get one with a chest strap.
  • apwinchester2
    Options
    My husband and I found that for much of our food we were "eyeballing" the portion sizes. When he hit a plateau we decided to get a scale and make sure we measured or weighed everything so we'd be sure. We found that we were guessing a little bit low on many of our portions (thus the calorie intake was a bit higher than we were logging).

Also I find that heart rate moitor give me a very different calorie burn for some excercises than the values in the excercise database at mfp.

So my suggestion would be:

1) Be sure of your portions sizes, and thus sure of your calorie intake.
    NOTE: I also found that if I ate the correct target caloires, but ate over the suggested protein and under suggested fat that my weight loss was much more predictable. But this was not true for my husband, so don't know if that would affect everyone or not.

2) Be sure how many calories you spend on excercise. Find a way to get a second opinion for the excercises you do regularly.

But most important KEEP TRYING! Find something to keep you motivated because if you keep trying eventually you WILL find what works for you.